Baby's Gender- Do You Have a Feeling?

iVillage Member
Baby's Gender- Do You Have a Feeling?
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 8:53am

Anyone have a feeling about baby's gender? Do you just *know* that baby will be a boy or a girl? 

BTDT mamas- has your gut instinct been right with previous pregnancies?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 11:13am

With DD my gut instinct was right...so I, trying to trust it...problem is, everytime I try and figure out my gut this time...nothing comes!!! argh! I'm waiting for that "flash of intuition but I think DH's constand talks to the baby about "plese be a boy" are interfering!!!!

Marissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 11:52am

If i go by all the myths and my DH gut feeling its a girl if I go with my very first gut feeling I think its a boy. As far as being right lol only half the times I have been actually right. Funny subject since my DH and I decided NOT to find out the gender but only to make sure the baby is healthy. Wow we went to the store looking at sleepers and bedding and they really are making it hard everything is gendered now it seems nothing is neutral except for the 3 outfits that are yellow and white with some ducks

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 9:06am

stargazingmommy wrote:
<p>With DD my gut instinct was right...so I, trying to trust it...problem is, everytime I try and figure out my gut this time...nothing comes!!! argh! I'm waiting for that "flash of intuition but I think DH's constand talks to the baby about "plese be a boy" are interfering!!!!</p>

LOL!  I think you could be right that your DH's wish for a boy could be interfering with your instincts.  I hope you get that flash of intuition soon!  Let us know if it comes.  :)

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 9:11am

marninjoe wrote:
<p> If i go by all the myths and my DH gut feeling its a girl if I go with my very first gut feeling I think its a boy. As far as being right lol only half the times I have been actually right. Funny subject since my DH and I decided NOT to find out the gender but only to make sure the baby is healthy. Wow we went to the store looking at sleepers and bedding and they really are making it hard everything is gendered now it seems nothing is neutral except for the 3 outfits that are yellow and white with some ducks</p>

You are right- there isn't much out there that is gender neutral these days! Best of luck stocking up.  It sounds like you may need to shop a bit AFTER baby arrives if you want any gender specific items.  :)

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 1:17pm

I think it's a girl and my DH thinks it's a boy.  My DD will only hear of it being a girl.  I had blood pulled on 12/26  for a new test (materniT21) that will tell us with 99.5% accuracy the sex, as well as testing for trisomy defects.  It takes 1-2 weeks for the test to be run so by mid next week we should know =)

Caryn