Boy or Girl- Will You Find Out?

iVillage Member
Boy or Girl- Will You Find Out?
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 11:30am

Are you planning to find out baby's sex before he/she arrives?   What helped you decide to find out or not?

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 6:35pm

We'll most likely be finding out. There's several reason, one being the extreme gender disappointment I had with my 3rd, one being that my husband will want to know, and the third one is that if it is a girl (gosh with all this pickiness I've had with this pregnancy it better be lol) then all we have is boy stuff...so yeah.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 7:50am

burning_firestar wrote:
<p>We'll most likely be finding out. There's several reason, one being the extreme gender disappointment I had with my 3rd, one being that my husband will want to know, and the third one is that if it is a girl (gosh with all this pickiness I've had with this pregnancy it better be lol) then all we have is boy stuff...so yeah.</p>

Hi Carrie-Lynn,

I have three boys of my own so I can relate to your reasons!  Did you find out baby's sex before you gave birth to your third son?  I found out with mine mainly because I wanted to be prepared to deal with any disappointment I may have had before my little one arrived.  I think it really helped!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 8:52am

I did find out just in case he was a boy. I knew how much I wanted a girl, and I knew if it was a boy I'd be disappointed. I just wasn't prepared for how disappointed I was. This time I am, I think...

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-16-2012 - 12:25pm

Yes, we will find out.  I'm a type A planner and need to know ASAP!

Caryn 
Expecting #2 
DD born May '10

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-17-2012 - 8:12am
We are surprise people.y last pregnancy I began each US with "hi, we don't know the gender of our baby and it's very important that we don't find out. Please don't say or show us anything that would reveal the gender." This is our second (and planned last) baby and while DH would love a boy, it would also be neat to give DD a little sister. I understand the reasons others find out but it's just not right for me. As I told DH when we got preggers with DD, if I'm going to be labouring and pushing for hours and hours, I want a surprise to look forward to! A mom who found out with her second told me she regretted it as well. I don't mind US, I would like reassurance that baby is healthy and growing well but I'll decapitate anyone who slips up and tells me the gender lol
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-17-2012 - 10:45pm
We will absolutely find out beside baby arrives. I have to plan! If this baby is a girl, our third we will keep a surprise.

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-17-2012 - 11:06pm
We will find out. :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-18-2012 - 3:38am
I guess I'm the only surprise mama so far. Good luck ladies, I wish you cooperative babies that will reveal all at the first opportunity!
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 12:25pm

I haven't even considered NOT finding out... It's a surprise either way so why not find out sooner rather than later and be able to plan better?

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-20-2012 - 11:08am
For us there isn't much to be planned differently. We go with animal/ocean themes for decor stuff and get green, yellow, orange, and white onesies and sleepers in small sizes. The diapers are unisex as are carseats, carriers, and strollers. I love the anticipation of waiting until I meet my baby to get to know him or her... After all baby doesn't know much about me yet either :-). For me it's also liberating to let go of the control now and go with the flow... I'm so much less anxious now than I was with my first pregnancy because I've learned to chill out and take things as they come. I'm just really surprised that everyone I ask seems to be finding out!

Pages