Buying For Baby, Done Much Shoppping Yet?

iVillage Member
Buying For Baby, Done Much Shoppping Yet?
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 2:02pm

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone has done much shopping yet for baby?

With DD by this point (I'll be 12w tom) we had done quite a bit of shopping. Neutral sleepers and sheets and that sort of thing My DH bought the "first item" a gender neutral colored onesie with a football that said "shh...I'm watching the game with Dad" But this ti,e I really havven't bought much. Our first purchase was 6 cloth diapers (i've decided to CD this time) and I feel a bit odd about that being our first purchase for some reason (they were on a really good sale, 60 percent off). Other than that I bought a NB oneside and an 18 month romper that were both on the dollar rack at walmart.

I'm not sure why I feel sort of odd about doing any actual shoping this itme? Maybe 'cause I haven't told my family yet?

So have you done any?

Marissa

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 1:15pm

I bought a new Ergo carrier yesterday because I found a deal I couldn't resist...but other than that I haven't gotten anything for the baby.  If I find out it's a boy there will be more shopping that needs to happen since I have a lot of pink stuff in the nursery from my DD.  But if it's another girl then I'll just need another camera for our video monitor and I think we're good to go =)  Maybe you haven't done more because you have most of what you need this time around?

Caryn

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 2:07pm

I've thought about it and I'm still not sure about why. With DD's baby stuff, I had a cousin who got pregnant unexpectedly and was desperate so I gave her everything clothes, 9ecept a few special outfits), bassinet, carseats, crib sheets, everything And the baby is 9 months younger than DD so evertyime she grew out of something I passed it on, only thing I still have is her crib. haha! Due to a bad situation with her boyfriend, she had to leave the relationship and he got rid of everything =(

Just had a thought thoo, maybe becuse we just had to do all that stressful Christmas shopping, I haven't been out since Christmas.

Thanks!

Marissa

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 5:11pm

Sorry to hear all your stuff from your DD is gone now =(  I bet you're right and all the holiday shopping just had you busy and maybe a little burnt out on shopping.  I'm sure you'll get the bug soon!

Caryn

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 10:28am

Up until this past week, I had been deeply depressed, severe anxiety, and all day nausea; consequently, I haven't had any desire to shop, let alone leave the house! This week, I've done a complete 180 and looking forward to picking up some gender neutral pieces this weekend! (and possibly a bigger bra and pants for myself lol) I'm not sure it's still really hit home that I'm preggo (this is my first) and that might be the other part of it too, but now that I'm feeling better, I CANNOT wait to start shopping!!!! Laughing

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 12:09pm
My mom has bought the baby a few things, some gender neutral and some girl stuff. Our old neighbor also got a neutral pair of pajamas for the baby for Christmas. I let DH pick out a gender neutral pair of pajamas for his baby brother or sister too because he is so excited. He sometimes talks to my belly and says tells the baby it's time to come out. I figured it would make him feel special to pick something out since he has to be so patient.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2013 - 2:38pm

Jesybee, I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so down, but I glad you're feeling better now and ready to get some shopping done! When I was a FTM it took a little whilee for it to sink in for me too!

Amy, Love love love the idea of letting the older sibling pick something out for the baby. We haven't told DD yet, for several reasons,, but we're going tg have to soon and I know she would LOVE picking out something special. Although....Im pretty sure she would want to pick out a pink frilly dress.....

Marissa