Granny-Chic Names- Yay or Nay?

iVillage Member
Granny-Chic Names- Yay or Nay?
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 10:15am

Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady have a new addition to their Brady bunch -- and it's a girl! The supermodel and her NFL quarterback hubby welcomed daughter Vivian Lake on Wednesday, December 5th, at their home in Boston. She joins big brother Benjamin, who's almost 3, and 5-year-old John, Brady's son from a previous relationship.

Gisele and Tom Give Their Daughter a Granny-Chic Name -- We Love It!-http://www.ivillage.com/gisele-bundchen-and-tom-brady-name-baby-girl-vivian/6-a-507269

What do you think of the recent granny-chic name trend?  Love it or leave it?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 11:25am
I follow naming trends in reverse. I look up the top 20 names for each gender and they are automatically out (even if my favourite is among them). My DH teaches FSL in elementary school and sees all the grade 4-8 kids at his school. Whenever we find a name we like, I ask how many kids with that name he has seen in the last 10 years. Anything more than five automatically disqualifies the name. Our DD is Kassandra (DH has taught no K/Cassandras at all) and we feel fairly confident that she won't be one of five in her class. We like traditional names and I'm afraid a lot of the pretty, classic female names will be disqualified because it's hip to go granny at the moment lol