Hey Mamas! My birth announcement...

iVillage Member
Hey Mamas! My birth announcement...
Sun, 04-28-2013 - 11:19pm

Hi Ladies,

I know that Amy was kind enough to share with you all that one of our precious Dragonflies has arrived, and she belongs to me! Mackenzie was born Thursday, April 25 at 5:45 p.m. via emergency c-section. She was born at exactly 28 weeks and weighs 2lbs 2oz and is 14 1/2 inches long. I can't even describe to you all how tiny and beautiful she is. I was discharged from the hospital today, but Mackenzie still has a long road ahead of her and she could use any thoughts and prayers you could spare. I don't want to share too much on here, simply because I do not want to upset any of you mamas, but I am documenting our story and posting regular updates on carepages.org (search MackenzieMoore) if any of you ladies would like to follow our story on there.

The following many contain some upsetting details...

Long story short, I had not felt movement for a few days, so I went to my dr for my 28 week apt on Wed, told her I was concerned and they did an US and determined she had a nice strong hb but they could not get her to move either, so we went back the next day and it was the same story. I was sent straight to the hospital where they determined that the placenta was not working well enough and Mackenzie was not getting the oxygen and nutrients she needed, so they did an emergency c-section. I am more than grateful for the drs who took the precautions and that I spoke up when something didn't feel right (most times I do not speak up) because had we waited, she wouldn't be here now. She is now breathing on her own but she has grade 4 (the worst type) brain bleeds on both sides of her brian that have caused fluid to build up. Right now it is a wait and see game as to what is going on... She has three big tests tomorrow, which should give us a bigger picture. Please, any thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

Marissa

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 7:19am

Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl!  Keeping her (and your entire family) in my thoughts and prayers.  Hoping she grows stronger and stronger each day.  Please keep us update don how she is doing when you have a chance.  (((HUGS)))

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 12:00pm

Oh Marissa, I'm sorry your beautiful little girl is struggling right now!  My thoughts are with you and your family and I'm sending lots of {{{HUGS}}} too.  Hope she improves every day and she can be home with you before you know it.

Caryn

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-30-2013 - 10:17am