More Morning Sickness= Baby is a Girl?

iVillage Member
More Morning Sickness= Baby is a Girl?
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 12:44pm

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge -- a.k.a Prince William and Kate Middleton -- are "expecting a baby in July," according to a royal announcement and the news has folks wondering if the wording means the end of the rumor that she's carrying twins. We think it means this: That royal baby will be a girl.

Ever since Kate was hospitalized following severe morning sickness, rumors have been swirling that she is pregnant with twins. That's because severe morning sickness (hyperemesis gravidarumis) is more common in women carrying multiple babies, according to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. It's thought that spiking hormone levels are to blame.

http://www.ivillage.com/kate-middleton-pregnant-baby-girl/6-a-514991

What do you think of this theory? Does more morning sickness = baby is a girl? 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 1:51pm

Honestly, I'm looking forward to hearing some other opinions on this...

I have a GIRL who I never had an ounce of morning sickness with, I don't even remember feeling nauseous with her...

Obviously I don't know what this baby is, but I've been sick and throwing up and feeling nauseous since about 5 mins after I concieved. I'm 13w5d, so ms has subsided some, but still have moments, por DH had to pull over twice last night on the way to DD's dance class. I've lost a little weight since my 1st appt too. Was hoping to discuss this with dr at appt tom, but she cancelled on me and now I won't see he until 1/30....

Anyway, I'm hoping that the completely different prego ssymptoms mean this one is a boy, but IDK. I don't think wives tales work. you'll hear people tell you just about every story that differs. I just tthink our bodies at the tim act to the hormones, I'm not sure gender has much to do with it.

Marissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 8:04am

I'd love to hear from others too!  I have 3 boys, and was never sick with any of them.  A few days where I didn't feel fantastic, but nothing else.  This old wives tale seemed to be a true one for me!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 9:18am

I was much more sick with this pregnancy than I was with my last.  This is a boy and last pregnancy was a girl.  So this wives tale ended up being false for me.  I also heard that high betas indicate girl but mine were higher with this pregnancy too.  

Caryn

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 2:58pm

If that is true I must be having a girl. I got out of the hospital the day Kate went in. This is my first pregnancy and I have been so sick that it may be my last. I don't find out what I am having for a couple more weeks but everyone keeps telling me they think it is a girl.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 8:27pm
Same here! With my girl I barely felt any nausea while this pregnancy had me throwing up. I won't be able to weigh in until July since this baby is a surprise.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 10:04pm
I will let you know how true this is... With DS I had MS but nothing like the HG I'm having this time around. Besides the intense sickness, I have every "girl" symptom in the book.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 3:42am

Does morning sickness = baby girl?

Not in my experience.  My first child I was glued to the toilet til noon everyday for 6 months.  It was a boy.

2nd baby I didn't have any morning sickness at al.  I felt great!  It was a girl.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 10:36am

Okay, can we please...please call what Kate is going through by it's proper name, hyperemesis gravidarum. Sorry...I get that's a severe form of morning sickness,  but it also hold so many other problems then just plain old morning sickness.

Anyway, having gone through HG in my last pregnancy, I can tell you thatthe more sick you are doesn't mean it will be a girl. Mine was a boys, and I didn't, or barely had it with my first two boys. I have no clue what this one is.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels