Sciatic Nerve! OUCH!

iVillage Member
Sciatic Nerve! OUCH!
Wed, 03-27-2013 - 8:19pm

So, since Sunday night I've been having pain in my lower back left side, almost at my buttox, that if I twist or stand or anything hurts like crazy! Had a normal checkup today and Dr. confirmed that it is my sciatic nerve. OUCH. I hope this goes away soon! She said there wasn't much I could do but cold/hot compresses or warm baths. One of her nurses told me to massage it with a tennis ball, thathad helped her. I've only gained about 3 pounds this whole pregnancy, so I know it isn't weight gain!

Anyone else suffering? Any tricks or tips you wanna share?

Marissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-03-2013 - 10:33am
Mine has been acting up recently also... wish I had a cure for it, ouch!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-02-2013 - 9:46am
Marissa, I've been feeling it too. It really really stinks and can be so painful! My hubby has been rubbing my lower back each night and it really seems to help. Warm baths do too. I hope you find something that helps soon!
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-29-2013 - 8:52am

Oh, sciatic nerve pain is the worst! I had it with all 3 of my pregnancies and I remember how uncomfortable it can be. Warm baths really seemed to help me, so I'd give those a try for sure if you have not already.

Here's an article from iVillage about sciatic nerve pain and it has some really good ideas (pelvic rocks are one) that you may find helpful.  I hope you find some relief soon!

Sciatic Pain During Pregnancy- http://www.ivillage.com/sciatic-pain-during-pregnancy/6-n-138377

photo snowsiggy.png