Second Baby Needs?

iVillage Member
Second Baby Needs?
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 10:15pm

With number 1 I was so excited to register & look at all the new baby stuff. This time around I cant think of anything we need besides soap, diapers, wipes & possibly opposite gender clothes... What do you buy for a second baby? All our stuff from DD is gender neutral so we wont need any of it.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-09-2012 - 10:35pm

I'm in a little bit of a different situation since we bought all gender neutral stuff with DD and then I had a cousin who had an unexpected regnancy and she was really tight for money and all, so we let her "borrow" alot of DD's stuff that she had grown out of, but due to a bad situation for my cousin most of the stuff is gone. (no hard feelings...wasn't her fault) So, we have a playpen, a crib/mattress, and some girl clothes, and a booster seat (high chair) designed to use at the table, and a stroller, so we'll be buying a few things this time again *sigh* We're cloth diapering this time around, so I'm working on building up our stash now. 

Marissa

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 4:15am
Im in the same boat. I need a few little clothes (only kept cream of the crop from DD), a couple of newborn diaper covers (I have a dozen flats and lots of one size fitteds and pockets) and want to get a ring sling to do lots more baby wearing this time (I'll be chasing a toddler). Carseat, stroller, toys, high chair, swing, exersaucer all are in great condition and gender neutral. Come to think of it I won't really need much of newborn clothes with baby due in July lol. We do need a mattress to transition DD to nursing to sleep lying down rather than in the recliner. I'm hoping DD will be ready to go diaper free before baby arrives; having 2 in cloth diaps seems daunting.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 11:06pm

The only thing I've thought of besides what you mentioned is a new carrier.  I have a Bjorn that I just didn't find very comfortable and I've heard good things about the Ergo carrier.  But yeah, not much needed.  Kind of nice =)

Caryn