Shared Your News at Work Yet?

iVillage Member
Shared Your News at Work Yet?
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 8:24am

Have you shared your pregnancy news at work yet? If so, how did it go? If not, when do you plan to share the news?

If you are nervous about sharing the news, check out this article on iVillage.  The article has some really good things to keep in mind as you tell your boss the big news.

Telling your boss you're pregnant: 5 things you need to know- http://www.ivillage.com/telling-your-boss-youre-pregnant-5-things-you-need-know/6-a-144808?nlcid=yd|...

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 7:32pm

I have a physically demanding job where I'm on my feet all day, doing a lot of walking and bending. I also carry around equipment that is attached to a harness. I get very tried very easily and that slong with the nausea and extreme irritability, I had to tell a few people at my job. Unfortunately, until I can get some restrictions set in place by my doctor, I have to "suffer" at work. I'm annoyed at the very thought of having to go to work. Blah.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 11:59am

I had to spill the beans before I was even pregnant since I've been going through FET cycles since July.  They all knew when my cycle was "ending" so I was being asked daily if it "worked".  Nice to have the support but it's also some additional pressure.

Caryn

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 9:28am

As a doula, I'm self employed so at this point, I haven't had to say anything. We'll see once I find a few clients how it goes.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels