Baby Names

iVillage Member
Baby Names
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 7:36pm
How do you pick, or how will you pick your babies name? We have this babies name picked out for either gender, but we're keeping it a surprise this time until baby gets here. The only thing we will announce is the first initial, which will be a B. (Since I'm A, DS is C, and DH is D, and I'm OCD and want A, B, C, & D... LOL) Do you have it picked out already? Will you wait until you see baby before naming him/her? Are you naming baby after anyone specific that's important to you? Do you just love the name? I love baby name talk!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 6:30pm

We have our babies named within a week or so of finding out the gender.  This time around it was easy because with our DD we had picked out a girls name and a boys name so when we found out this was a boy we had a strong contender (even though my DH wanted to revisit some others) that ended up being the winner.  I really enjoy being able to call him by name and talk to him in my belly =)  The name is a combination of family name (middle) and just a name we like a lot (first).  

Caryn

iVillage Member
In reply to: lovepinkx0
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 10:40am
I've had a girls name since our first one. I have a tendency to pick out a ton of names I like, then hand them to my hubby, the names in a way that I like. we work from there, going until we have the right name. We also make sure we have one girl nae and one boy name icked out a head of time.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 6:12pm
With DD we had a name picked out for each gender with a couple of backup names. I think there's such a thing as a name that doesn't suit a particular baby so we don't finalize until we meet baby and see what fits him or her. We had Kassandra picked out for her and the second the nurse handed her to me (all goopy and stuff) I found myself whispering "hi Kassie" through the tears. That was a name that fit! We are adopting the same approach this time around so we need two or three solid names for each gender. We have started but are still in the thick of it.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 11:24am
LOL! We've picked out E names also, just in case. (; The other OCD tendency I have is, two syllables. A-my, Car-ter, Dav-id... so baby B needs two syllables... except the chosen name for a girl isn't, and that is driving me crazy! LOL... B names liked... in no order... Brinley, Bryleigh, Brielle, Bella, Brianna, Brent, Bennett, Braxton, Benton... We have a lot of B names in the family for boys already (Brandon, Brian, and Benjamin) so that made things a little bit harder, trying to find a name that couldn't be easily confused with those names.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 11:40pm
Oh Amy, I love baby name talk too... For a boy we have a name settled for sure. For a girl, we *think* we havee th first name settled it is just the middles we are still mulling over. Like you, I'm OCD, I have 1 middle name, DH has 3, so our DD has 2 middles so this baby must have two iddles also. I hadn't planned on keeping the names a secret, but the longer this goes on the more secretive I feel. We definetly wont share the name until baby's gender is found out, and if I'm still feeling this way I'll still keep it a secret. :) I still love baby names, and was thinking of starting a post myself, of list we like, that way we aren't sharing baby's naes, just ideas that crossed our inds. So without giving it away, and in NO particular order, heres my list.... even though we've already narrowed them down ;) Boy Cayden Cameron Colton Camden Christopher Isaiah Jordan Liam Noah Nicolas Girls *hard for us DH and I NEVER agree so here's MY list* Ariana Arabella Anabelle Alyssa Alaina Alana Camryn Callie Charlotte Isabella Jordyn/Jordan Kynli McKenzie Amy, what if you have a thrid, hope you have some good E names picked out? hahaha DH always liked the name Edgar for a boy, seriously, he really fought for that name *shudder* What makes it worse is that DH's 1s middle nae is Alan, so he was fighting for Edgar Alan and said he thought it sounded "suave". Glad he came off of that or I'da had to pay a nurse to give him som drus while I filled out the birth certificate!!

Marissa

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 7:41pm
Totally posted this under chit chat, and it ended up down here somehow, whoops!