So, I guess I'm joining!

iVillage Member
So, I guess I'm joining!
Sun, 12-09-2012 - 9:53pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Marissa and I've been hovering for a little while, but since I have had an OB appt yet, I've been cautious to join. I got my first BFP on 11/21, the night before Thanksgiving. My first appt and U/S is 12/19 and I can't wait. I'm not sure on a due date yet, for obvious reasons, but according to my calculations it is somewhere in the middle of July, which is kinda neat because so is my birthdaay! I am 25 and have been with DH, who is 26, for 7 years. We have a 4 year old daughter who we love derly, born Sept '08. I took a break from college when I found out I was pregnant with her to be a SAHM. Since she is now in preschool, I was able to go back to college and finished my last classes/finals last week. I will graduate with my BA next Sat. So, I guess its back to being a SAHM!

I haven't told maany people about this pregnancy, including noone in my family since I'm not yet ready to tell my mom. We did tell DHs family since we knew they'd be excited (and I had several bouts of mornin sickness around the, so they suspected anyways). We havent told DD yet since she would go blab to my mom, besides it is such a long wait and we havent been to the dr yet, so... *fingers crossed that everything is progressing perfectly* I'm always a worrier until I atually get confirmation, never seems real to me I guess...

Anyways, this was longer than I planned, but hoping to get to know all of you mamas!

Marissa

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 4:10pm

Welcome Marissa & congratulations!  I can understand being cautious...I am a little bit of a worrier too.  Hope everything goes great at your appointment on the 19th.  Keep us posted =)

Caryn

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 8:16am

Hi Marissa,

Congratulations on expecting your second child and welcome to the July 2013 Expecting Club!  I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey.  Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months!

photo snowsiggy.png