Sex During Pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sex During Pregnancy
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 8:52am

Imagine going 9 months without sex. Wait-why would you ever want to do that? Pregnancy doesn't mean sex is out of the question-in fact, that's when many women find themselves wanting it more than ever.

Sex positions during pregnancy-
http://www.ivillage.com/sex-positions-during-pregnancy/6-a-126791?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

Safe sex during pregnancy: 10 things you need to know- http://www.ivillage.com/safe-sex-during-pregnancy-10-things-you-need-know/6-a-144557?ice=iv:mb:msg:k...

How has your sex drive been since you've become pregnant?  Any tips you'd share for keeping passion alive throughout your pregnancy?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2013 - 3:54pm

Haha Sky! you made me giggl with the whole "spontaneous and go with the flow" line.

Sky and Amy, I' with both of you. With DD the only time I was interested was the middle of the 2T. I'm just over 12w now and just not interestd. Problem is, with DD my boobs really didn't grow until the 3T, this time, as a cruel jooke apparently, they've grown way ore already than they ever did the whole pregnancy with DD...so DH has had a little....touching problem. They are still so sore and he wants to act like hes 15 and never seen boobs before. Luckily here lately he's given up the "grabby" appporach. haha. My biggest problem with sex during pregnancy and this is probably why I'm not inteerested is that I can't "finish" (sorry may be tmi) My body goes through the motions but there is no pleasure rush, so why do it if I'm not getting much out of it...haha

Marissa

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2013 - 1:15pm
I'm exactly the same way, Lovepink! I'm actually still nursing DD and the pregnancy is bringing on major touch aversion. It's hard enough to nurse her and have her hands on me but the idea of sex just holds zero appeal during my pregnancies. I wish I wanted it since it would be safe (I couldn't get MORE pregnant lol) but I just don't want to be touched, period. It's sad because DH and I were finally starting to hit our stride when DD turned 18 months, them BAM! Pregnant again lol. Let me just say that the line "let's just be spontaneous and go with the flow" won't work with this mama after baby #2 is born lol.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 12:01pm
LOL, I would love some tips. I could absolutely go this entire pregnancy without sex. My sex drive disappears when pregnant, apparently. With DS I hated it, and with this baby I am still not a fan. Poor DH!