What Does Quickening Feel Like?

iVillage Member
What Does Quickening Feel Like?
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 8:18am

Fluttering, bubbles, tickling, gas -- these are all terms moms-to-be have used to describe the feeling of baby’s first noticeable movements. "Quickening" -- the technical term for this sensation -- is tough to describe since, as any mom can tell you, it feels like nothing else you've experienced. But it's often referred to in a?   loving way, like butterfly kisses or fluttering wings. It’s feeling you learn to cherish and is one of the most miraculous and enjoyable parts of pregnancy.

http://www.ivillage.com/what-babys-first-movements​-really-feel-our-community-weighs/6-a-289486?ice=...

Have you felt baby move yet?  If so, how would you describe those first movements

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 9:08pm

I haven't felt this baby move yet, but I remember the first movements of DD. I would have to describe them as either like a butterfly's wings beating really fast, or like a flipflopping in your belly, sometimes I think of it like a small goldfish floping aroung.

Marissa

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 11:16am
I haven't felt this baby yet, but with DS it felt like little tiny bubbles popping on the inside, or like someone was gently flicking me with their finger on the inside. It's such a bizarre feeling, but I'm so excited to feel it again. I felt it at 15 weeks with DS, and I'm a little over 14 with this baby.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 11:52am

I haven't felt this baby move yet either.  With my last pregnancy it wasn't until 21 weeks due to an anterior placenta but I don't have that this time so I'm hoping it's earlier.  Last time it felt like little bubbles early on but then I totally agree that it feels like a fish =)

Caryn

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 10:35am

I'm not entirely sure if I've felt kicks or not, but I know that those first movements always reminded me of muscle spasms, the non painful kind.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels