wow. :(

iVillage Member
wow. :(
Thu, 12-06-2012 - 7:48pm
Well, I told my BF about the baby today. I expected shock and surprise. I didn't expect him to be necessarily excited or really very happy. This is unplanned. We were talking and he said hes not mad but hes not happy. I asked him if he would eventually be happy and he said no. I'm crushed. What am I supposed to do with that? I'm so upset I cant stand it. What do I do now?
iVillage Member
In reply to: MissMinnie12
Thu, 12-06-2012 - 10:53pm

I can understand your disappointment. One thing about guys when something such as this occurs they get shocked even if they knew it was coming eventually. I don't think you shouldn't take what he said to heart just yet. Give him some time too let it settle. I hope things get better. Keep your head up regardless.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 7:59am

Awww.  (((HUGS))) coming your way.  I agree with what the previous poster said too.  Give it some time and hopefully he'll come around.  Keep us posted. 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 3:04pm

He wants me to give it up. GIve it up or lose him. This is an impossible choice that I can't make. I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO! I am completely devastated.Cry He WILL NOT change his mind. 

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-09-2012 - 10:58pm
Aww... *HUGS* Give him space, so he can soak this up. He's in shock. Give him space, make him feel what it's like to actually lose you. Easier said than done, but try not to let this get the best of you. You take care of you and baby!

iVillage Member
In reply to: someday-soon
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 4:04pm

I'm so sorry he isn't happy about your pregnancy.  As others have suggested giving him some time might help.  If it doesn't and you really want to keep the baby maybe you can get some support from other family members?  If he really doesn't want to be a part of something you want so much maybe he's not the right one.  I know it's probably really scary to think of facing it alone but women are survivors and you can do it.  Big {{{HUGS}}}

Caryn

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 8:44am
Oh my! That is not a supportive partner. To ask a mother to choose between her child and him is juvenile, insensitive and callous. I remember reading your background and your struggles with infertility and that makes this doubly unacceptable. Is he seriously that selfish that he would ask you to give up what could be your only chance at motherhood?! For me this would be a very clear deal breaker and I don't struggle with infertility. Single parenting is not easy but you can do it if you need to. You need to do what feels right but there are always other partners you could find. If you give this baby up, it is forever and irreversible. I'm heartbroken for you but there is no reason you can't have a small modest family if motherhood is important to you. I'm sorry if I sound harsh but I would tell this man " I'm keeping my child. You can choose to be a dad or not but you will always be a father." big hugs to you! Don't let him bully you into something you will regret!