Worried about hCG levels

iVillage Member
Worried about hCG levels
Tue, 11-26-2013 - 12:11pm

I went into my doctor's office on Friday to get a confirmation of pregnancy and the urine test showed negative, so they agreed to do a blood test.  The qualitative test showed faintly positive, so they ran a quantitative test to figure out what my levels were.  When the nurse called me with the results, she couldn't tell me what the hCG level was at, but said it was low and to come back on Monday to get more blood drawn.

I went in yesterday to get another blood test and didn't hear anything back, so I called this morning.  The nurse said my hCG was 55 yesterday and that it's low and asked when my LMP was.  She said she'd call back once she spoke to the doctor.  I honestly don't know what to think.  Based on my LMP, I should be 6w1d, but I know my cycles haven't been all that regular, so could it be I just ovulated later or is something bad happening?

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-27-2013 - 1:36pm
Oh my goodness. I can imagine that you must be feeling stressed. I've never had my hCG levels checked so I'm not too sure what the numbers mean. If you don't have a regular cycle, it could be that you just aren't as far along as you thought you were. Keeping you in my thoughts- please let us know what you find out!