Checking In!

iVillage Member
Checking In!
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 12:10pm

Hi ladies,

I wanted to start a new thread to check in with you all to see if you have any questions or issues we can address related to the in-house boards that launched last Monday.  I know there has been some concern about the availability of this topic but it seems to all be here.  However, the recent changes showing the playgroup name seem to be undone and the topic was shifted back up to the Expecting Club section.  Please know that as soon as we are able to make changes again, we'll get that squared away.  In the meantime, you should be able to use this topic without issue.

Also, we have an iVillage Help topic that you may want to visit if you are running into any other issues.  CD Jessica is posting updates to message board fixes there.  Feel free to stop in and ask any questions you may have.

iVillage Help- http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help

You can also reach me directly by sending an email to pboards@mail.ivillage.com.  I'll be sure to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thanks so much for your patience as we iron out all the kinks!

photo snowsiggy.png

Community Leader
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 3:24pm

Can you just put us in the regular expecting club area for now?  I'm worried that we're losing members here every day because it's not listed anywhere.  I see the other exp clubs are still there (April, May 2012..)

If it stays unlisted much longer then we're not going to have a group here and everyone will move to facebook or elsewhere.  :(

Wendy

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 3:57pm

Hi Wendy,

From what I can see, this topic is currently listed under the Expecting Clubs.They are a bit out of order, which isn't the best I realize, but I am showing it there for sure.    Are you seeing something different? 

photo snowsiggy.png

Community Leader
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 4:36pm

Yay!  I see it under the expecting club list again.  It wasn't there the last time I checked.

Happy to know we have a way of finding everyone again.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 8:15pm

I think the issue with this board is that we have been moved back to the expecting club list but if you had this board saved as a bookmark, that link is dead.  The only way I found this board again is that I went to the 2012 playgroup board and saw mention there that the Jelly Beans were an EC again.  It is really terribly done by iVillage and with it now being over a week I think that a lot of members are probably lost.  It is really sad when we went through a lot to request to have this board be its own play group rather than merged into the single play group board because there had been so much participation.  It was already looking pretty bad when the folder names were never changed so everyone was still just posting in the first chit chat folder but now it looks like it would have been better in the end to have just had a folder in the 2012 playgroup board. 

Aside from that I am very disappointed in the lack of mobile support.  As a busy mom I don't get on the computer much but when I have 5-10 minutes I love to catch up with my boards via my mobile device (iPod or Android phone).  Right now all I can do is see the first post of any thread which makes it pointless to me and very frustrating.  Plus, when I do get to the computer I don't like that I can't see what posts are new in a thread to know if other people have joined the conversation.

Sorry for the long rant but I am overall very disappointed in iVillage and this merger.  After the announcement a couple weeks ago I read the information which all made it seem like this was supposed to be an easy transistion as if we wouldn't even notice a change but iV was letting us know so we would be informed.  Unfortunately that was not true and this transistion is worse than the last one (I actually liked a lot of the previous changes from a couple years ago).  If it wasn't for the friends that I have made in my 2011 playgroup and the support I get from this board with my new baby I would give up on iVillage.  It has been 1 week so I am doing my best to be patient and give it a little longer to smooth out.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-24-2012 - 10:10am

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post and share your concerns.  We truly appreciate your feedback.

I know that the old link isn't redirecting as it should and I've reported this to our tech team to be fixed.  Hopefully that will be working again soon. In the meantime, please feel free to share this new link with other board members so they can bookmark it.

I know it has been very frustrating, especially for this community with the inability to access the board.  I apologize for all the frustration you are all feeling.  It is very safe to say that we were not expecting many of the issues we've run into.  Unfortunately with a huge change like the one we just went through, a lot of issues we've experienced were unknown until our community started using the boards. Our tech team is working  fast and furious to get everything functioning the way it should. They've made a ton of progress already and I'm seeing new fixes often.

Once the dust has settled and the main issues have been resolved, we should again have the ability to change/customize the folders a bit.  I'll be sure to let the CLs know when that is a possibility.

Thank you so much for your continued patience. Please continue to hang in there as they work out all the kinks! In the meantime, please feel free to email me at anytime with any questions/concerns/feedback you may have (pboards@mail.ivillage.com).  I'll be sure to pass everything on and share any answers I have with you.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 4:41pm
Hi, I found the group :-D. For some reason I can't seem to see the replies to the topics only the originals. I'm using an iPad and wonder if it makes a difference.
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 12:32pm

hopefulintime wrote:
Hi, I found the group :-D. For some reason I can't seem to see the replies to the topics only the originals. I'm using an iPad and wonder if it makes a difference.

Hi there,

I'm guessing you won't see this as it is a reply, so I'm going to go ahead and send you a private message.  :)

photo snowsiggy.png