food allergies and reflux

iVillage Member
food allergies and reflux
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 7:50pm

Blake was recently diagnosed with a milk allergy and acid reflux. His pedi put him on zantac twice a day, a super expensive formula and he is to sleep inclined. Does anyone have any experience with this that you give an advice on this? We've been dealing with this for 2 months now and finally think we have it figured out. I was just wondering if there is anything else I can do for him. I also noticed since this really started that he when he has to lay flat he wants to be on his belly. Could that have anything to do with his reflux?

Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 8:27pm

That is actually the formula he was put on. They switch it to nutramigen and i have to give him zantac. I receive WIC and they give me checks for 10 cans a month so it does help. I hope marissa's reflux doesnt get this bad, its just awful:( His reflux has gotten really bad just recently. Now i have to watch the baby food i give him and everything:/

Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 1:23pm

Marissa has reflux and spits up badly but since it doesn't cause her any pain the doctor won't do anything for her and she just has to grow out of it.  So I unfortunatly have no real info for you.

But, if Blake has to take special formula you should see if your insurance will cover it.  A friend of mine had to put her daughter on Nutrimigen which is really expensive but she was able to get her pediatrician to write a prescription so it was covered by insurance and she only had to pay a few dollars per canister.  Since he can't drink anything else, they may help to pay for it.

Cynthia