Food...

Community Leader
Food...
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 5:31pm

Who's started feeding food? 

I'm starting my crew on oatmeal ....Josh and Emi have both sucked on apples that I've been eating and they seem to like the taste.  We'll see how well it goes tomorrow.  I have peaches, apples, squash etc to try over the next few weeks as well :D

Wendy

iVillage Member
In reply to: onesunnydee
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 12:49am
it took a bit but i did see an improvement. It got a bit complicated when he majorly sick with the allergy but now that we are past that its working out. i didnt put it his bottle right away with the formula change to see if maybe it was just the allergy. No such luck. He was spitting up most of his formula again. I put the cereal back in his bottle and we've good since:) Do you think maybe its the formula itself and not just a reflux issue? I know at first blake reacted badly to his formula then we changed it and he was ok for a little while then the allergy started. Just mentioning to have something to ask the pedi about:)
 Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to: cj_mom2b
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 8:14pm

A little off topic - but did you see an improvement when you added the rice to Blake's bottle?  It has been nearly a week and I'm not really seeing an improvement.  I don't know if it is going to take time or if it just isn't working.  She isn't in any pain so it hasn't been a huge problem but the shear volume of spit up is driving me crazy and it really makes some things hard to do with her since I always have to worry about huge amounts of vomit (not pleasant when we are out of the house).

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 11:11am

I plan of feeding Owen his first foods around Christmas when he's 6 months old. I tried giving him oatmeal and he just held it in his mouth so I assume that means he's not ready.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 11:11am

I plan of feeding Owen his first foods around Christmas when he's 6 months old. I tried giving him oatmeal and he just held it in his mouth so I assume that means he's not ready.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 10:26am
I'm going to do the same. He'll be 6 months old by Christmas, so we'll feed him his first foods then. I'm going to puree some sweet potatoes or something and do it with my DH and MIL.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 7:42pm

We are holding off a little longer on the food.  We started at 4 months with my oldest, but held off to 6 months with my son.  I plan on making baby food again.  It was fun to do that for my son and saved us a good bit.  It was suprisingly easy to do as well. 

~~ Heather ~~
~~ Emma Michelle 7/27/03 ~~
~~ Brendan Frederick 9/29/05 ~~
~~ Jocelyn Martha 6/5/12 ~~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 8:56pm
The pedi had me start giving Blake cereal in his bottle since he was 2 1/2 months because of his reflux. We started baby food 2 weeks ago and he loves peas. He had a bad month were he was constatly sick and the doctors couldnt figure out what was going on with. I switch pedi and she figured it out right away... it turned out that Blake is allergic to milk and carrots. Pedi is having us wait a month and try carrots again. If he has another reaction tho we have to make sure nothing has carrots in it after that.
 Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-26-2012 - 8:09pm

We will be starting very soon - as in when I get a few minutes alone with Marissa to try to get something in her mouth.

We had her 4 month appointment today and got the all clear to start solids.  I was going to start her on oatmeal but to my surprise the pediatrician recommended we start putting rice cereal in her bottles to try to help with the amount that she spits up.  I was surprised to hear him say that since I have always heard you shouldn't do that but if he thinks it will help reduce the amount she spits up (it really is out of control) then I am all for it.  I picked up some rice cereal today and she took the first bottle without a problem so maybe sometime this weekend I'll try giving her some cereal with a spoon.

I expect to have at least given her some sweet potato and carrot before thanksgiving so she can have some on t-day like my DD1 did last year - it was fun having her join in on the meal.

Cynthia