Thinking of names yet??

iVillage Member
Thinking of names yet??
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 4:12pm
I LOVE LOVE LOVE talking about names! Have you thought about your faves yet? I love a LOT of girl names - Adelaide, Lucinda, Asher, Scarlett, Eulalie, Soleil, the list goes on so i have absolutely no idea there but if its a boy he will most likely be Isaac Lewin James :) its really the only boys name that i absolutely love that SO likes too :P
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 8:46pm

We still like the boy name we had picked out for our first pregnancy: Andrew Thomas.

If it's a girl, I have no idea what we'll do....we like Grace for a middle name. I like Elise, Eden, and Elizabeth for a first name. I don't have any attachments to the E name (first dd is named Erin) but it has just worked out that way so far....

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 8:47pm

DH has said that if it's boy/girl twins he's got dibs on names :Luke and Leia.....(groan)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 9:08pm
I love picking out names!!! Its so much fun!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 9:22pm
stephertan wrote:

DH has said that if it's boy/girl twins he's got dibs on names :Luke and Leia.....(groan)

I love the name Luke! My hubby likes it, too. Problem is my daughter's dad (my ex-boyfriend) is a huge Star Wars freak. He has a kindergartener named Leia. So, if we name our little one Luke, my daughter will officially have Luke and Leia as siblings. I think we have to skip the name Luke, lol. He also has a daughter named Charleigh (pronounced Charlie) and they call her Char-Char. My daughter says that Char-Char gets her nickname from Jar-Jar Binks in the Star Wars movies, because they sound similar. I was rolling laughing when I heard that one!

By the way... My daughter's middle name is Trinity. Her dad refused to sign the papers with the middle name I picked (Anna) and pestered me until I gave in and wrote "Trinity." He picked it from the movie the Matrix, Trinity is the dark-haired woman. I tell my daughter her name is the religious meaning of Trinity, I don't have heart to tell her it's from the Matrix!

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 11:26am
Oh I love talking about names too! We are not decided for sure yet, but we like Jeremiah Jackson for a boy...however after we talked about that DH said like a day later he wasn't sure if he liked it anymore lol. For a girl we have Naomi Daryne (pronounced like Darren/Darrin) That is my middle name and I love it...I tried to talk DH into naming our daughter Daryne as the first name, but he wont go for it at all! Lol.

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 11:46am

I love talking about names too....we'll probably stick with M's.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 12:00pm

Mathias (my DH's idea for this baby). Mori (for a girl, it's usually a nickname for Kimora). Meredith. Melody (I like girls with nicknames that sound like boy's names... Joey, Alex, etc. Mel is in that category.) Maribella. Mabel (if she comes early and is born in May, lol, then her nickname could be May.) McAllister (you said you liked a Mc name, and this one lets you call her Alli if you ever want a girlier nickname.) Makayla. Makenna (more unusual than Makenzie but still pretty

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 6:35pm
We were talking last night and we agreed on both our names! If it's a boy for now we are going with Isaac Lewin James and for a girl Lucinda Evelyn Caite! My daughter has been convinced for six months that when we have a girl her name will be Jordan she won't even listen to any other name haha so she has nine months to get used to it lol
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 8:12pm

Very nice! My daughter said she wanted to name a sister Catty (since she'd probably like cats) and a brother Boyle (since he would be a boy)...needless to say we're not really consulting her on this one!

We've just about decided on Cara Grace for a girl (I'm iffy...sounds too much like Kara Thrace from BSG) and we're set with Andrew Thomas for a boy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2011 - 12:41am
Yup - we had our names picked out and approved by DD before I even tested positive! Now that's planing ahead, LOL!

Pages