Anybody else hoping for a medication-free delivery?

iVillage Member
Anybody else hoping for a medication-free delivery?
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 5:38pm

I had

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member

I havent used pain killer in most of my

iVillage Member
Im very open to what kind of birth i have, considering i wanted an all natural the first time and ended up being knocked out for a c-section! I would love to try again but will be happy if it doesnt pan out that way too :)
Photobucket

iVillage Member

I was interested in the Bradley method first time around but couldn't find an instructor nearby...we went with Lamaze and all I really used were the focus and breathing techniques. The birthing ball was the bomb! I loved that thing! I had extreme pressure with contractions and that glorious ball made it all go away.

I too had a doctor who was trying to talk me out of my birth plan. Thankfully the nurse was on my side and she did her best to keep the doc away until delivery time! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Pardon my spelling, I'm not good with drug names, lol.

I have 2 kids so far. Both were induced. They were large babies, both around 9 pounds,

Momma to:
Madelyn, February 26, 2001
Aaron, January 2, 2005
Baby #3, October 2, 2012

iVillage Member

wow, that sounds awful! I was lucky that I didn't have any blood pressure issues and that my daughter was small (6lb 12oz) so it wasn't quite that dramatic. I am delivering in a different hospital this time with a new doctor so I think I'll be a bit more stubborn when it comes to what I want to do and what I feel is best for my birth.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I read and read and read, it's a bit disgusting how much information I suck up. I did the Bradley books, and Sears, and Ina May Gaskin, and many more -

iVillage Member

No, no, no I'm not with you on this one lol.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
LOL! That's okay....I am a big weenie as well. I shocked the heck out of DH when I actually went all the way through with it. It think it helped that I only had about 6 hrs of hard labor and 15 min of pushing! If you think you might want to give it a go....remember being out of the bed is WAY easier than lying on your back. I know I would never have made it if I'd stayed in that bed!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I had my son without any drugs just an IV for fluids. I spent most of my labor in a jetted tub but got out when that stopped helping. I'd requested an epidural because I'd been told I had a long time ahead of me but before they were able to get it started my son arrived. It was painful and after he was born I swore I wouldn't do it naturally again. But now that some time has passed I've decided I want to try again. I had really bad back labor and I've heard that's worst with your first child.
bigbro
iVillage Member
I had to have a c-section the first time around and I'm really hoping for a VBAC, maybe even without drugs. I went drug free until after they wheeled me into the OR, almost 30 hours. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. My only fear was having my water break on my king-sized bed.
 BabyFruit Ticker

Pages