athletic ladies?

iVillage Member
athletic ladies?
Mon, 03-19-2012 - 7:22pm

Hey,

Who else is fairly athletic on this board? What are you ladies doing?

I go to fitness classes several times a week (kickboxing, step, zumba, weights, etc.) and I love it. And I'll probably start swimming or taking a water aerobics class soon. Last time, I was working out all the way until the Thursday before my DD was born a few days later on Sunday. This time, I feel like I'm carrying the baby lower though so sometimes when working out, I'm feeling some extra pressure from the baby which then makes me take it easier so I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to work out as long as I did last time. How's everyone else doing? I was also thinking that maybe I might want to get one of those maternity support belts since this little one feels heavier...

~tt

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 1:05pm

I have a large white elastic adjustable belly belt with upper and lower lumbar support from Mtherhood Maternity.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 5:32pm
A lot of times I'm so tired and think about not going to work out but I always feel so much better afterwards.
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 9:59am

I worked out every day before I got pregnant. During the first trimester, I had some bleeding so I wasn't allowed to work out for two months, which was difficult for me, but I listened.

Now I have full clearance but I can't do what I did pre-pregnancy (particularly running). I do Zumba once a week, but with a lot of moderations. Jumping just doesn't feel good. I lift light weights, do a little pilates/yoga at home and walk on the treadmill three times a week. It's definitely an adjustment for me but I still feel so much better when I move.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 11:37am
What kind of maternity belt do you have? I haven't started researching these yet but I really think I need one since I end up working out with one hand holding my belly. :)
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 11:36pm
I work out at the gym every morning after I drop the kids at school. I have always worked out right up until giving birth. But I can't do it without my maternity belt! Otherwise my belly bounces around and hurts my back too much.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 10:59am
I was until I had a hernia and then polyp problems. I cannot wait to get back to it though. Currently I have been walking about 1.5 miles a day and work my arms but that is all I can do.