High Risk Ladies

Community Leader
High Risk Ladies
Mon, 03-05-2012 - 1:27pm

Come on in, pull up your bed and let's chat :)

I'm obviously on bed rest...

Wendy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 1:59pm

Wendy,

I had a "high leak" with my DD. I remember waking up and it seemed like I had pee'd down my leg. Which I thought at first maybe my bladder is going but it kept happening. So I sent to the OB and they did a swab and found it was amniotic fluid and admitted me. I don't mean to scare you, but make sure you call your doctor.

Sara

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Community Leader
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 3:15pm

its never felt that heavy.. never anything that i can visibly see or feel running down..

Wendy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 9:19pm
Ive been feeling wetter to and my MW did the swab to check if my water broke but it hasnt yet so it might just be hormones but if your really worried about then get checked. One way to check yourself is maybe insert a finger or 2 and cough and if you dont feel a gush then you should be ok. Thats how my MW checks lol
Pregnancy%20ticker
Community Leader
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 8:56am
Thats exactly what the nurse said yesterday. She said feeling damp is normal..feeling a trickle or wet is not and that the test is a swab after I cough to see if there's a leak. I'm starting to think it's just all this gel they use during the transvag us I've been having twice a week. I don't feel a trifle or soaked..and since I called them I don't feel anything...but I have a check on fri...just incase.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 1:12pm
well thats good news. :)
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 10:05am

The leak never stopped. I was on hospital bedrest starting on Wednesday and DD was born on Friday. The fluid was so low that it was safer for her to be out then in. DD came at 31 weeks 5 days. When I was at the doctor's office they did a swab check and found out it was amniotic fluid.

Community Leader
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 12:02pm
Im going to ask about the progesterone tomorrow at my apt Are you doing a little bed rest now? Did they mention it?

Wendy

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 12:04pm
Hi Wendy, I know I'm just a first timer and not high risk but just wanted to chime in with the discharge talk.... I've definitely seen more discharge lately over the past couple of weeks. Sometimes it will be whitish and thicker and other times more like I've just leaked a little pee or something...
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 2:23pm

I'm not currently on bedrest (fingers crossed...knock on wood). I am high-rish but not on bedrest. I have type 2 diabetes and had high blood pressure with my twins but not with my DD. They are keeping a very close eye on all of it. I go to so many darn doctor's appointments - but I know it's to make sure the baby is safe. Its just annoying.

I have read alot about the progesterone, both shots and suppositories. The information I found dates back to 2003...maybe even earlier. Good luck with your appointment today and keep us posted!

Sara

Community Leader
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 6:15pm
A tmi ...but I haven't had that same wet feeling since the us.. But I def know it's increased since before pgy. And like you, it's different from time tontine. It definitely is something I'm awarevof especially since my cx change....Ty for chiming in:) Sara...I'm so frustrated with how many I have to go to as well! I'm so much more comfy in bed resting than up, getting ready, driving the hour to the apt ton have them poke around my cx and then drive an hour home. Twice a week! I missed today's because of the bug but they rescheduled me for tomorrow I'm grateful they are so cautious but I wonder if sometimes it causes more stress on our bodies Hugs to you girls...hang in there How are you feeling Lori?

Wendy