June 15 - June 21

iVillage Member
June 15 - June 21
Tue, 02-21-2012 - 2:00am

How are you ladies doing in your pregnancy?

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 9:07pm
This is my first time posting here, and I hope I'm posting in the right spot. I'm not technically due until June 24/25th, but I'll likely be a repeat c-section which would put me in this date range. I'll find out at my next appointment if we have a date set yet or not. I'm having another baby boy. My first is 3 yrs old. I'm really trying to enjoy my time being pregnant because we may very well be done after 2 kiddos. I was feeling completely drained, but my energy level has picked up (and I hope it stays this way :) ). It's all so close now! Only 8 more weeks....squealllll!
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-15-2012 - 9:36pm
No they don't, but then again they don't worry about much that doesn't involve them being the center of the universe. They haven't learned how yet.
 BabyFruit Ticker
Community Leader
Sun, 04-15-2012 - 7:46pm
Sometimes I wonder if our students realize how.much we consider them when we make these types of decisions. Sigh

Rose

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-15-2012 - 1:20pm
It's exactly that, Rose! I would stay until their test, but I have a good chance of going into labor before then. Bran came almost that early (a week and a half) and I'll be full term on my last day of work. I could end up with a c-section around then, though we both know how much I don't want to have one. I just don't know how I'm going to make it to then. I left earlier than I had anticipated when I was pregnant with Brandon. I just couldn't handle the commute anymore. I was taking a cab to and from work, costing me $25 a day. I don't have the luxury of doing that this time around because it would cost me $25 a trip each way, since I have to drop Brandon off at daycare. I miss my car sometimes. *sigh...
 BabyFruit Ticker
Community Leader
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 11:03pm
We start school the second weekend in August. That's why we get out earlier. Ikwym about worrying about your students. I worry about going on maternity leave before the school year ends. I teach seniors and worry about them graduating. I'm also a little worried that I won't be ready for this baby if I stay at work until school lets out. It's tough to know what is best. I have a feeling I'll figure it out towards the end of the school year.

Rose

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 2:51pm
I'm so glad to read that there you ladies are also about where I am in getting ready. We have a few hand me downs, a crib in a box, the office needs to be turned into a nursery, and finish registering before my showers.
Janet, you do have a long year! I work in schools too but I'm like Rose and we have our last work day the Friday before Memorial Day (we start back up the second or third week of August, only 7 weeks from my due date!). I'm glad that you can start your leave early. Sorry about missing your honors kids and there exam.
I'm so glad to be so close, 6 weeks not that I'm counting. This has been a stressful year, I have a super high case load of kids and super challenging politics also. We've lost 7 special ed teachers this year and a school psych at one school alone. I'm already tired by the afternoon if not lunchtime. I'm just hoping to make it 6 more weeks without any school breaks (I'm actually going to my brother's graduation next week, so I get some time off). But I'm hoping to have a few weeks in June to get things together. I have three generations of women going two weeks early; my gma's 5 kids, mom's 4 and my sis was 10 days with both of her two. It would be nice to have the time it June.
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 10:28am
It starts right after Labor Day. It's a long year, but we have tons of days off in the middle because we get every major Jewish holiday and a week off in November that a lot of other places don't get. There's always talk about making school go all year around with three month-long vacations instead of one two-month vacation and three weeks off spread out in the middle of the year. The idea is to prevent students from losing all of the knowledge that they've gained because their retention is horrendous! It's like teaching the chick from the movie 50 First Dates! And let me not get started because I could vent like this for hours.
I'm taking a month of for maternity leave, so I'm only going to miss the month of June. It's not a big deal at my school because I teach 8th grade and June is a light month for them with tons of trips and graduation. The only class that's going to be working their butts off until the middle of June is my honors class because they have an exam on the 14th (the day before my due date). I wish that I could be there for them because I'm going to be a basket case worrying about them if the baby's not already here!
 BabyFruit Ticker
Community Leader
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 8:33am
The end of June? Ugh! When does your school year start?

Rose

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 1:28am
So am I, but our schools don't let out until the end of June. I'm staying until Memorial Day. I hope to have everything settled by then.
 BabyFruit Ticker
Community Leader
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 7:56pm
I don't have a thing started or prepared. I'm so glad I'm not alone. LOL. I'm a teacher and once the school year is over, I'll get ready. I just hope this baby doesn't come early. LOL.

Rose

Pages