Who's 8 weeks?

iVillage Member
Who's 8 weeks?
Wed, 11-02-2011 - 11:58pm
How are all you 8-weekers feeling?

My nausea has eased up but still really tired and having to go to the bathroom a lot. I'm anxious for my first appt which is in 1 1/2 weeks.
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 8:05am
I reached the 8 week mark yesterday. My nausea has gotten worse along with my headaches. My back aches all the time and my exhaustion hasnt eased up at all. My days are pretty rough anymore and I just cant wait for this time to pass. My first appt isnt for another 2 1/2 weeks!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 1:35pm

I am 8 weeks 2 days. I get a little nauceous occasionally. I am feeling ok otherwise. I worry that I dont have more symptoms especially since I had a little spotting last Friday. I did have my appt about a week

April
Loving wife to John
Mom to Tristan 4/20/96
and now to Jack 9/15/10
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 8:52pm

I'm 9 weeks 3 days today and the nausea is gone, but I never had it that badly to begin with. The hormones are raging and I'm a blubbery mess at every turn. All it takes is for one little thing to go wrong with anything (this morning it was my hair) and I start the waterworks. My husband thinks I'm crazy. I am having round ligament stretching and slight cramping but nothing major.

I was trying to figure out why I was so much more tired this time than last time and it dawned on me that last time I spent my 1st tri during summer break so I didn't have the stress of work, nor did I have to be up at the crack of dawn every day. I also didn't have a toddler to care for, a big house to keep up, and my husband wasn't really around since his mother was going through chemotherapy in Alabama and he spent most of his summer down there. No wonder it was so easy!

At least this time I'll get to spend the first 12 weeks during summer break and won't have to burn through my sick leave.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 9:04pm

Was 8 weeks on Wednesday, the nausea has eased up, but still sick, just not AS sick. It comes and goes really, I'll be fine for a couple hours, then sick for two hours, then fine for a couple more hours, then sick for 30 minutes, it's really strange. Food tastes really salty, nothing really tastes good, lots and lots of smell and food aversions still.

Also I have had extreme fatigue, I'm exhausted just doing the laundry. I'm a stay at home wife and I don't see how women work and are pregnant at the same time, I'd die. lol (and women who already have young children and are pregnant again, my God, all you women should get a medal. lol)

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 8:36pm
I'll be eight weeks tomorrow. Still lots of nausea but barely any vomiting. I just dry heave. I am so tired! I'm not sure who is to blame the baby on the way or my 1 1/2 year old. I've been napping whenever he naps so very little housework is getting done but I'm managing to keep up with the basics. The big thing is I can't grocery shop because the food smells get to me too much. My husband is going tomorrow and I stocked up on non-perishables as soon as I found out I was pregnant but my husband is bad about sticking to a list when he does the shopping so I'm sure he's going to blow through my grocery budget. I just hope the nausea passes soon. With my son it lasted until 18 weeks!
bigbro
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 10:22am
I'm 8 weeks too. I'm feeling a lot less nausea, but a lot more cramping. My SO is concerned about it. I never had this with my son. I'm going to talk to my doctor about it when I see her tomorrow. I'm getting the results of my first round of blood work. I just keep fighting cold after cold. I was really sick and achy between Friday and Saturday nights. I wish that I didn't have to go to work on Monday, but I do. *sigh...
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2011 - 4:07am
JPerez, I'm only 6 weeks and a bit, but I wanted to say that I had horrible cramping with my son (#2) that I never had with my daughter (#1). I think some of it was constipation-related, but it lasted all through the first trimester starting very early, and into the early second trimester. Then it was just when it was clearly from constipation after that. I did have a healthy baby boy though--that's the encouraging part. I am not having the same issues this time around, thankfully (probably because this little one has some new challenge in store for me).
Photobucket

http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 10:03pm
Thanks for the heads up. I want the second trimester to hurry up and come so bad!!! I hate the feeling that my period is about to come. It has me constantly checking the TP for blood. My last pregnancy was a breeze compared to this one and it's the cramping that's the worst part. I can deal with the rest.
 BabyFruit Ticker