BTDT moms: Anyone have any funny newborn/infant stories from your other children?

iVillage Member
BTDT moms: Anyone have any funny newborn/infant stories from your other children?
Fri, 04-13-2012 - 9:21am

I was just chuckling to myself and remembering my 28th birthday.

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
My DD1 has had many poop stories like that, the exersaucer, all over my work clothes in the morning etc. But my first big poop explosion was when she was about a week old. Me and DH were asleep at like 3 in the morning and neither had any expierience with babies. My female dog was freaking out in her room, whining and running back and forth from her room to ours just really acting weird. So I get up and check on her. She is fine but stinks to high heaven. I go to change her and there is poop all over her body. I swear it was more than an adult could push out. I called for my DH because i couldn't figure out how to get her sleepwear off without getting it in her hair. He runs in and we ended up cutting off her clothes and giving her a bath in he middle of the night. You would think she had Mexican food for dinner it was so bad. I was BFing and was told that this would not happen with a breastfed baby WRONG!!!! It can and will one day happen to you too!
iVillage Member

when my 3 yr old was born he wait for his first movement til the next morning.

He also had mucous in his tummy and would throw up.

The first morning at the hospital my legs were still not 100% and DH was sleeping. Aiden was wet. So I pulled him into bed with me to change him.

I get his diaper off and go to put the other one on when he starts to gag and throw up. So I just left him up...

As he throws up, pees, and has his first poop...ALL OVER MY BED.

I screamed for DH and pushed the nurse button.

what a mess.

iVillage Member
I swear, I don't know how these children manage to hold so much poop! You would think that their tiny bodies would have tiny poop! WRONG! It's like they poop the same amount no matter how old they are. I don't get it!
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member

Well since we are going with a poopy theme:

When my first son was about 2 months old we were living with my in-laws b/c we had a house fire when he was 10 weeks and had no other place to live. Anyway, FIL was watching him and when I got home from work I could tell he had a messy diaper. I put him on the changing table and stripped off his diaper and some messy clothes. When I grabbed him by the ankles to roll him up to wipe his bum, liquid poo exploded out of him. It had to go about 3 feet and hit the wall with force. The only thing I could do was cup my hand by his bum to try to deflect the poo. I had never seen such a mess in my life.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I have another story. This one would make me feel like the worst mom in the world except everything was OK. When my 2nd son was a newborn I used to fall asleep with him on my chest on the couch. The problem with this is I had a cat that would crawl on my chest and in my sleep I would toss her off of me. So in my deep sleep I felt the weight on my chest (about the same as a cat) and I must have tossed him off of me. I woke to the sound of a crying baby and jumped up. I stepped right over him b/c I thought it was my 1st son I heard crying. I had completely forgotten I had a second child. Can we say severely sleep deprived.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

So back to poop..When we were giving Erin her first bath at home I gave her to my husband to hold while I prepped the tub and she proceeded to poop that nasty black new baby poo all down the front of his shirt and onto our kitchen floor. He took it in stride though and we even got a photo. She loves to show him that photo now and threaten to do it again. I think she'll be disappointed if Andrew doesn't do the same thing!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I have another one. Brandon was asleep in his swing and began to spit up one day. I asked his father to take him out of the swing so that I could clean it all up. Well, apparently Brandon wasn't don't throwing up yet because he proceeded to throw up a full stomach of bright orange vomit all over his father's arm. I couldn't see his skin from the elbow down. I burst out laughing because I was so surprised. His father was less than amused.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
AWESOME STORY!!! : )

Perfection is optional

iVillage Member

These are great stories.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
I have another poop one. When my son was exactly a week old I fell down the stairs while holding him. We called the pediatirican who advised that we took him to the ER. So we went to the ER and luckily the hosptial closest to us has a pediatric ER that always seems to take you almost immeditally. So we got in the back and the nurse is asking us questions and then asks that we undress my son so he can get his temperature rectally. So we undress him and the nurse takes his temperature, which is normal of course since he wasn't sick. Then the nurse hands my son back to me without a diaper or anything. I've only barely got him in my arms when he lets loose and poops everywhere. All over my lap, the chair I was sitting in, the diaper bag, my purse and most annyoing his car seat. We cleaned up as best we could but the car seat really needed to be washed. Luckily my son had a cat scan that was normal so we knew he was fine from the fall. But after having carefully washed each item of clothing, tossing things in the wash because they touched the floor and other obcessive new parent cleanliness things we had to put our son in a poop covered car seat to go home from the hospital.
bigbro