What's for Dinner? Food & Recipe Ideas!

Community Leader
What's for Dinner? Food & Recipe Ideas!
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 11:18am

Hi ladies..

I thought this would be a good thread to share fav recipes or what we're making for dinner tonight.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Great idea - I just rummaged through Allrecipes.com last week looking for some simple recipes that are sure to have left overs to make things easy on myself (it is only me and DH).
The other day I made a chicken pie which was so much easier than I expected - I used the premade pie crust that just unroll and mixed 2 boiled chicken breasts with 2 cups frozen veggies and a can each of cream of potato and cream of mushroom soups. The whole thing bakes at 350 degrees for about an hour. I am so happy with how simple and yummy it was that I will definitely make it again.
I have a few other recipes to try so I'll try to remember to post if any of them seem worth sharing.

Cynthia

Community Leader
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 10:50am

I'm going to try this.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 12:21am
This is more a quick gab and go breakfast/snack idea but there's a high protein pancake/ waffle batter using cottage cheese, eggs, oil, and flour (I use 1/2 and 1/2 whole wheat and white) from the More With Less cookbook. You blend them in a blender to make them creamy. They're pretty good, I'll make the whole batch or two and freeze the extras and pop them in the toaster oven in the morning. I have been know to sprinkle some chocolate chips on them or you could do jam or fruit.