How Do You Feel About Push Presents?

iVillage Member
How Do You Feel About Push Presents?
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 9:51am

If you haven’t heard by now, celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe’s exceptionally generous husband Rodger Berman surprised his fashionable wife with a super-blingy push present for delivering their baby boy, Skyler: a nearly 10-carat cushion cut diamond ring designed by jeweler Neil Lane. Zoe is reportedly “thrilled” with the gift (is there any other reaction to a $250,000 ring?), tweeted a picture of it and has been wearing it non-stop.

Check out a picture here-

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 5:49pm

I didn't receive any with my other kids. But honestly, if we had the money I would prefer to spend it on my kids. I am a practical kind of person, I prefer to get gifts that I will use all the time then something that will sit on self. I wear 3 rings, my engagment ring and wedding band on one finger and a ring with my birth stone on the other hand. I'm not a flashy kind of person.

Just my opinion.....

Sara

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 10:18pm
I never turn down a present but I would kill my husband if he spent that much money on a ring when we really need a new car!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 11:10pm
I haven't even heard of push presents before. Sara, I'm there with you, just the two rings, one on each hand and the same necklace almost everyday. Dh gave it to me when we were dating. I even sleep with it. I'd love another birthstone charm or two to join mine on the necklace though. But it could be for a birthday, mother's day, or just because. Not for pushing out a baby. him being there would be enough for me.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 5:17am
I got one last time and will probably get one this time. Although Josh gets things that are symbolic of the day. With my daughter i got a bangle that he engraved "Joshua, Stephanie and Elody 01.04.08" her birthday - when we became our own little family <3 i love it <3
Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 3:21pm

I wouldnt mind a ring like that! :)

actually I would love a pressie from DH when I give birth.. He got a ring with DD's

Wendy

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 1:09pm
We don' do push presents, although when I had DD2 DH gave me a framed pic of DD1 holding DD2 for hte 1st time. I do however have a friend that got a bracelet for #1, a necklace for #2, an awesome new wedding ring for #3, and a new car for #4. I would kill for some new jewelery.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2012 - 9:06pm
After I responded to this, I showed dh the article. He said " that's a cool idea". So there might be a present after all. Hmmm. I do like seeing all of the different ideas... Pictures, rings, cars ;)
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-21-2012 - 12:01pm

We haven't talked about it specifically, but I have already put it in hubby's mind that I want some birthstone jewelry. My birthday was right before Christmas and he would have gotten me some then, but our girl is due June 2nd and is meassuring at least a week ahead per the u/s so we won't know which birthstone to get until she's born.

I have NEVER asked for a gift for anything in my life, but this is a little different. He's getting one of the biggest gifts of his life and darn it, I want something more than stretch marks and big hips as my badge of honor.

I would like an anniversary band that alternates diamonds with the baby's birthsone. I'm almost hoping she's born in May because that will make the ring option easier.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 5:35pm

I asked for and received a simple gold necklace that said "Mommy" in script when our daughter was born.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 9:45pm
I wouldn't want anything since the baby is the gift. But I can understand people giving something sentimental especially if they're not spending a ton of money. But flashy jewlery and cars just seem like overkill to me.
bigbro

Pages