Kids having Spa Treatments..

iVillage Member
Kids having Spa Treatments..
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 10:49am

I

Wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 2:40pm
Ummm..... how many kids HAVE hair down there???
I was an early bloomer and even I didn't start blooming hair in the underarms, etc until 7 or 8.... (got my 1st period at 9, btw. ugh.)

I wouldn't take my kid to a salon for any of that kind of stuff. The only thing I might consider would be a kiddy mani or pedi, but even that is doubtful. I do obviously take her to a children's salon to get her hair cut.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 9:11pm
Doing their hair and nails is okay for special occasions, but waxing? Why? That's something that you would see on Toddlers & Tiaras. Children have no business being waxed. That's just absurd. Like Shawna said, what do they have to wax? I don't agree with young children having their hair colored either. That's something that should be saved for at least their teenage years.
My issue with things like this is, what do they have to look forward to if they're doing these things so young? I constantly see things that disturb me, like preteens in stiletto heels, wearing makeup and very adult outfits, particularly at graduation ceremonies. Not my kid. I have very old fashioned values where that's concerned and my SO agrees with me. Plus, he's not the type that kids want to make angry (or adults for that matter!). I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until I was 16, except for on Halloween. I couldn't wear short skirts and my grandmother pitched a fit when the cleaners cut my middle school graduation dress too short. I didn't wear high heels until at least 16, and that was around family at parties. My girl(s) if I have any, won't be doing so either.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-03-2011 - 4:33pm

for the younger girls they were waxing/plucking their eyebrows and telling them how much better they looked after (which I thought was so wrong).

The lower bits are done on 12+yr old girls and they said they advised moms to do it for Hygiene reasons..

I just dont agree with girls so young

Wendy

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 10:33pm
That is so messed up! I'm too cheap for spa treatments for anyone. I've never been to a spa and unless it was a special gift that my child requested there will be no spa treatments.
bigbro
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 9:43pm
I'd have Erin's nails done but not until she's old enough not to ruin them immediately. The rest is just ludicrous
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-08-2011 - 5:19pm
I would totally teach my kid how to shave down there if it's sticking out of her bathing suit. Gross! Spa treatment not necessary.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 9:24am
Well, if they're old or developed enough to need landscaping down there, then of course they should be shown how to do that. That goes along with shaving their armpits and legs if they need it. That's the type of hygiene that a mom should teach her daughter how to do, or another female role model if mom is available. Having it done professionally is an adult thing to do. That can wait until they are adults.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 5:10pm

and this isnt about 16/17/18 year old hairy kids...

this new spa trend is for young ones and girls that have just hit puberty.

Wendy