Michelle Duggar is Pregnant!

iVillage Member
Michelle Duggar is Pregnant!
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 8:37am

Michelle Duggar and her husband Jim Bob are expecting their 20th child, the couple revealed exclusively to TODAY.

"We are so excited," Michelle Duggar told TODAY Moms before the broadcast. Now three and a half months pregnant, the mom of 19 says she was

photo snowsiggy.png

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 3:16pm
Can't really say I'm surprised. Aren't they on grandbaby #2 or 3 now too?

Can you imagine if each of their children has, let's just say, 10 kids? That would be TWO HUNDRED grandchildren!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 4:31pm
Judah, Japheth, Job, Jonah, Jethro, Joel and Jeconiah for boys are still available; so are Jewel, Judy, Jody, Joelle/Joella, Jemma/Jemima, June, or Jean for girls.

Out of those, I'd guess Judah or Joelle, I think.
Photobucket

http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 5:10pm

Glad it's her with 20 and not me. I hope this kid doesn't have the troubles her last one did. I don't think I would have chanced things after all that. Kinda crazy.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 7:15pm

It kinda makes me upset to hear that since she almost had a stillborn baby 19.

sweets35
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 8:06pm
Yeah, my first reaction was that of concern... For her, her unborn baby and the children that could lose her if things go awry. Seems a bit irresponsible, however they think that this is God's plan so fingers crossed.
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 8:17pm
I think they are being reckless by having another baby. If you ever watch the show it's pretty obvious that she barely interact with the ones she already has and that the older girls do the bulk of the childcare, cooking and cleaning.
bigbro
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 9:29pm

So ridiculous.

Caryn
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 10:02pm

It reaches a point where it's just not safe or reasonable to have another baby. That being said, I do hope that this one is healthy and grows up happily with plenty of love and affection from older family members. I'm curious to see what those older girls do when they are able to marry and break away from the family - will they race away as fast as possible or are they too accustomed to the lifestyle?

Build your own free website for your family pictures! www.totsites.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 10:43pm
I am so glad they are having number 20!!! It was really bugging me when they had 19!

20 is a nice even number, and they better stop now. I will be SO aggravated if they ruin it by having 21!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 6:41am
What happened with Josie was a freak thing, and had little to do with the number of children they had. Michelle had severe preeclampsia which did not respond to medication. Out of all her pregnancies she has had preeclampsia twice, with her second and with her seventeenth pregnancy. Is she at increased risk because she's had preeclampsia before? Yes. But two pregnancies out of 17 where she had it is not a huge percentage, and the other pregnancy did not result in micropreemies because the preeclampsia responded to medication. She is taking care of herself and the family says she's in better health than she has been in a decade. Her doctor saw no reason for her to avoid pregnancy.

I do not believe anyone should make anyone else get sterilized. Her pregnancies are not "becoming high risk"; she's had one problem pregnancy.

Seeing as some of her older girls are in their late teens and early 20s, they could be racing away from the family already if they want to. They're adults. They haven't gotten interviews with reporters independently to say how awful their childhoods were, and they haven't rebelled, and they have even stayed at home. Maybe they actually love their family and lifestyle.

The Duggars are married, they support themselves, they love their family. Why should the government be involved in their family planning decisions? Does anyone else want the government involved in theirs? If welfare recipients on drugs with children in the custody of the state aren't forcibly sterilized (and I don't think they should be either), then why should we be talking about sterilizing a married woman supported by her husband who takes care of her children with the help of her family?

I think it is ridiculous that all sorts of alternative lifestyles are tolerated and even celebrated, but a family who chooses to have lots of children is a freak show. I know lots of families where older children help with little ones, and usually it's because they want to do it. My friend had her sixth and has 4 older daughters; she said it was weeks before she had to change a diaper because they were fighting over who got to do it. Kids of all ages love babies. My kids are thrilled they're getting a baby. It's adults who forget how miraculous it all is.
Photobucket

http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/

Pages