Too Posh to Push?

iVillage Member
Too Posh to Push?
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 8:56am

Pregnant women in Britain, where the government provides free health care, may soon be able to get a cesarean section on demand thanks to a rule change that critics describe as the health system caving into the "too posh to push" crowd.

New guidelines set to take effect later this month say pregnant women "with no identifiable reason" should be allowed a cesarean if they still want it following a discussion with mental health experts.

C-Sections on Demand In UK, Too Posh to Push?-

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 9:52am
I personally would not choose it as a birth method unless medically necessary. But I cannot say why these women would choose it. There are too many variables and not being that individual person I can not say their reason is not good enough. I DO NOT believe however that it should be a choice just because someone doesn't feel like pushing, that is just lazy.
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 3:24pm
I think women are confused... they think that they will ruin their hoohas with a vaginal birth. I had a vaginal birth and I'm totally back to normal after. I healed super quick and have no complaints. This isn't always the case but c-sections aren't without complications. I have heard of averse reaction to anesthesia, infected scars, scar tissue, trouble with stomach muscles. Btw, I also hear that women with c-sections have the same problem with peeing and sneezing at the same time after birth.

Interested in hearing from women who have had a c-section. I'm imagining the recovery process is not something you'd want to choose if you had the choice? Recovering from a c-section is more painful and lengthy than pushing for 2 hours.

Q
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 7:46pm
I think it's crazy that women are requesting c-sections for non-health reasons. If there is any medical reason then definately have a c-section of that is the safer option for you. But if you want one because you're worried your vagina won't be the same that is stupid. Maybe you shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place.
bigbro
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-10-2011 - 9:28pm

My first child was born by emergency CS...took me almost 6 months to feel completely normal.

Olga edd 12/8  BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 5:02am
Uhh they have the right to choose whatever birth they want.. its their body, their baby...
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-12-2011 - 12:21am

How far does the "their body, their baby"

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-12-2011 - 5:05am
Yes, i understand how vaginal births work. But it IS their body and it IS their baby, who are you to say they are wrong for making their own decision about themselves? You have no idea what other factors are swaying them. i dont think its anyone else's place to judge how they bring their child into the world IMO and there are a lot of different reasons why women choose c-sections not just because they "cant be bothered".
Photobucket