FTM not enjoying this pregnancy

iVillage Member
FTM not enjoying this pregnancy
Mon, 12-05-2011 - 8:49pm

I'm 29 and my hubby is 39 and this pregnancy wasn't a surprise, but we weren't avoiding it either. The baby is due June 2nd. We are prepared financially and emotionally, but we've got our fair share of anxieties. I always thought I would enjoy being pregnant, but thus far, not so much. I'm 14wk3d and for the past 8 wks my MS has been terrible. I'm seeing a midwife with the plan to deliver at a birth center. I had my 1st midwife appt at 5wks and the MS was pretty much limited to transiant nausea that some cheerios and hard candy solved. Everyday became worse than the last. I finally threw in the towel with homeopathic remedies and went to my regular dr

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 2:04pm

Thanks, everyone. I know it will be worth it in a few short months, and I will get to dodge being preggers through the heat of the summer :smileyvery-happy: I think I'm just feeling especially disappointed with being so miserable, because it's the holidays. I love getting into the holiday spirit and this definetly puts a damper on my holiday spirit.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 12:15pm

Just my 2 cents...I didn't enjoy any of my pregnancies. There was always something bothering me ( i wont list them). This pregnancy is not much diiferent, MS, Vericose veins (already!), joint pain...you name it. I hate being pregnant, but I LoVE the end result! Thisis my 3rd so I have less guilt about it...it's no fun for me, I don't 'glow' - I complain for 9 months. Having a child to love, and watching them learn and grow is my reward for this! It will be yours too! Just hang in there...I feel your pain. HTH

spring sig 3
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 10:33am

I read an article the other day that basically said.....it's ok

Wendy

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 10:01am
Im sorry hun that your feeling so miserable. Ive never had MS but my best girlfriend did for all 9 months and couldnt keep ANYTHING down! She was always in and out of the hospital. I was there by her side with her so I kinda know what your going through. It usually does get better but even if it doesnt it wont last forever and it will be worth it. Once you find out what your having... go on a mini shoppin spree I guess and I bet you'll start to get excited ;) Good luck hun
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 8:42am
I loved being pregnant the 1st 2 times, not so much this time. It will get better. Even if the MS doesn't go away completely it will get better. Keep your head up and just remember how worth it it will be in JUNE!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-06-2011 - 7:07am
I can relate - during both pregnancies i have been soooo sick, the first one being worse than this one - like you i couldnt keep water down and ended up losing 7kg (15lbs or so) in the first 12weeks, this time i was working so straight on maxalon and it was a tad better. But it does get better, once you get that 2nd tri energy boost and the MS goes away you will feel so much better! It will be even better next June :P hang in there :)
Photobucket