Introducing myself - Pregnant with our 1st!!

iVillage Member
Introducing myself - Pregnant with our 1st!!
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 8:25pm

Hello all,

I've been lurking around for a few weeks and just now getting up to posting. I'm 32, DH is 36 - and just last Dec. we decided it was time to start our family after 15 years of marriage. He's always been ready I think, but not me. I couldn't imagine it. I just wasn't ready or in a good place before. But, all of the sudden something clicked in me and - BAM! - I couldn't get pregnant fast enough. We started trying in Aug. and 3 cycles later -

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-11-2011 - 10:26pm
Welcome April! Your journey actually sounds quite similar to mine. I'm also 32 expecting #1. Although, dh is 4 years younger and he was the one that wasn't sure. We started talking about it around Dec last year too. I went on prenatals in March-ish. It took us 5 cycles. I though I had been tired but this week has kicked my butt.
I'm glad you're not neasous and your cramps went away. Take care of yourself and little bean. I look forward to getting to know you better.
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-12-2011 - 8:29am

Welcome. I am 32 and my DH is 36 as well. We've been together for 17 years married for 10. We started trying almost 4 years ago. I had a couple of losses but am here again now and couldn't be more thankful. I had an u/s yesterday that moved my due date to June 29th.

We've always has a hard time not sharing with our families so good luck to you. Since we heard the heart beating, we might tell our immediate family, we figure in our situation that they are waiting too. :)

Looking forward to getting know you ladies and for a happy & healthy pregnancy.

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-12-2011 - 9:43am
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your BFP! Hope to see you around from time to time. Join the club on the constant sleeping thing. I so look forward to my toddler's nap and bed times. Hey, making a new person in hard work! Gotta get your zzz's.
 BabyFruit Ticker
Community Leader
Sat, 11-12-2011 - 12:16pm
Congratulations on your pregnancy, April, and welcome to the group! Glad you came out of lurkdom. :)

Rose

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-12-2011 - 2:22pm
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :) Glad to hear I'm not the only 30-something in this boat. I admit I was a bit worried that it took me so long to even consider starting a family, but here I am, sooner than I ever thought. My next dr. apt. is Dec. 13th and we get to hear the heartbeat then - so as long as everything goes well with that then we'll start telling everyone. So excited! It couldn't get here soon enough!
 BabyFruit Ticker
Community Leader
Sat, 11-12-2011 - 3:58pm

Welcome and HUGE congrats on your 1st bundle of joy.

They are awesome and you will know what love means!

Wendy

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 8:39am
Hi April,

Congratulations on expecting your first child and welcome to the June 2012 Expecting Club! I hope that you find friendship and support here during your pregnancy journey! Wishing you a very happy and healthy nine months.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 3:39pm
Welcome and congrats! Glad to hear you had a short TTC journey before you got here.
 BabyFruit Ticker