Went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital this weekend...

iVillage Member
Went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital this weekend...
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 11:17am

Last week was a crappy one for us lol. Everything seemed to happen last week. With my sons surgery, I was not at work much to begin with, and then Friday morning I started having a ton of pain. By 11:30 I called my mom to come pick me up and take me to the ER because I couldn't stand the pain anymore. I was almost positive it was a kidney stone, as it felt just like when I had a kidney stone last February. Well it took them until 6:30pm to figure out pain meds that actually worked, but once they got that, I was finally able to sleep.

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Ugh, that sounds like a horrible weekend! Were they able to confirm that it was a stone? I had one a few months ago after my daughter was born and I remember the pain being terrible. I was told it was common during/after pregnancy and I hope so much that it doesn't happen to me again, especially during pregnancy!
I hope the pain stays away for you now.

Cynthia

iVillage Member

Glad you are not in pain anymore. I have never had stones but heard they are terrible.

Take care.

Lori

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
No they couldn't confirm that's what it was, as they couldn't do a CAT scan since I was pregnant. But they thought it was based on the amount of pain, the location, and the dilation of the kidney on the u/s they did.

So far the pain is staying away, so I'm praying it doesn't come back!

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Thanks Lori, it is horrid!! It's worse than labor...at least worse than mine! Mainly I think because it is non-stop pain and it doesn't go away so there is no way to get on top of the pain...ugh!

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Yikes! That sounds horrible! I'm sorry you're having so much pain. It sucks to have other medical issues when you're pregnant because your options are so limited. Definitely try to take care of yourself.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member

Bless your soul!

Community Leader

I've had kidney stones!

Wendy

iVillage Member
So sorry to hear about your trip to the hospital. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.
 BabyFruit Ticker