Abdominal pain and tons of it!

iVillage Member
Abdominal pain and tons of it!
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 9:41pm
My belly was killing me all day! It felt like a contraction, but constant for the whole day. I couldn't walk faster than a snail's pace or bend over at all. It eased up toward the late afternoon and is almost gone now. The only thing keeping me from worrying more about it was the fact that the baby was wiggling around all day. She seemed a bit more active than usual. My SO could see my belly moving and got to feel some kicking. I think that we're fine now, but it's going to be a long 3 months if this keeps up! I can't stop working until Memorial Day without a medical reason, like bed rest. I need to stay until then, though. My honor students need me and we need the money! Anyone else feel something similar?
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-13-2012 - 10:16pm

Ever since my episode a few weeks back of abdominal pain that sent me to the hospital I've been taking 1000mg of Tylenol anywhere from once to three times a day. I have to take it before bed or I wake up with terrible abdominal and back pain during the night. Even then, I still have periods where the Tylenol just gets me to snails pace.

Community Leader
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 9:16am
Let your ob know. I know contractions like bh are normal but you are better safe than sorry I was having that sore heavy feeling. My belly would go tight if I stood too long or was doing too much. I wasn't having pain..but when I told the ob..he hooked me up to the monitors in l&d and I was having contractions. My cx had shortened etc. So please call. They might tell you it's nothing or they might get you in and recommend moderate bed rest

Wendy

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 2:31pm

Let your OB know for sure. The other thing, if you are "backed up" that can cause you to feel that way too.

I have had both the backing up thing and contractions so it's best just to talk with your OB.

lori

Pregnancy%20ticker