BFP is now BFN :(

iVillage Member
BFP is now BFN :(
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 6:44am

Hi everyone. I took a second pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. I know they say there's no such thing as a false positive but apparently I had one. My first test was this past Tuesday, and I thought it was a bit early (I would have conceived on 9/11), but I took it anyway, and there was no question that there was a second line. It showed up long before the five minutes were up (right away, really). This time, there's definitely no line. It's tough because even though this pregnancy was unexpected and I feel like I'm a bit too old and out of shape to have another baby, I was really getting used to (and loving) the idea. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and set up an appointment to make sure I'm ok, since I've had symptoms and missed a period and all that so something must be going on with me. Good luck with all your babies, and I'm sorry it doesn't look like I'll be able to join in with you guys.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-02-2011 - 7:21pm
I am so sorry.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 2:40am

Did you test with the same brand of test?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 1:12pm
Thanks for your support, guys. My period started shortly after the negative test, and I called the doctor today. The nurse confirmed what I was already thinking, that it was a chemical pregnancy (I miscarried shortly after the egg implanted, and I normally wouldn't even have known if I hadn't taken a test). I'm definitely sad, much sadder than I ever thought I would be. I don't plan to try again. Quite honestly, it took me so long to conceive my son that I'm just happy I have him and if God blesses me with another child, that's great, but I don't plan to actively try. I wish you guys all the best with your little beans, and may God bless you and your little ones with wonderful health! I'm sorry I won't be around to share the experience with you.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 3:32pm

Sending you a big warm hug (((((((you)))))))

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-03-2011 - 3:38pm
I am so sorry to hear that...could it be that the second test just didn't have the sensitivity and could have been a false negative? It's good that you are scheduling an appointment in case something is going on. FX for good news.
Pregnancy%20ticker