Got milk?

iVillage Member
Got milk?
Sat, 03-31-2012 - 1:02am

I've been leaking very tiny amounts of colostrum for several months now. I would mostly just find the evidence as crust on my nipples, but over the past few days its increased to the point of staining my bras. Tonight out of curiosity I decided to see if

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-31-2012 - 7:19am
lol.... congrats on the supply already! I leaked early with my 1st and 2nd too and with this one Ive been producing actual milk for months now. I have to releave the pressure several times a day or ill soak through my bra and shirts and my breasts will hurt so bad from the build up already. I use breast pads on a daily basis too. I can literally sqeeze my breasts and a steady hard stream comes shooting out my nipples and it'll just pour outta me. my DH laughs at me... he says... I love watching you milk yourself... its funny.... So at least he gets a kick out of it! lmao I say keep up with milking yourself cause it'll start producing more and more which will just benefit us. If we can already build up a nice supply before baby is born then we'll be able to feed our babies really well right after their born. I could start pumping now too but I know it would make me start contracting so its unfortunately not an option right now otherwise I would start stock piling this supply! lol
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-31-2012 - 9:28am
Definitely leaking colostrum here too. Did with my daughter (#1) but not so much with my son (#2). Breatfeeding did go better with her, so maybe it's a good sign.... You don't need to express the colostrum and probably shouldn't too much, but I know it's hard to resist :) Probably no harm in it, as long as you don't start contracting or something.
Photobucket

http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-31-2012 - 4:04pm
I get the dried crust on my nipples but I haven't had any active leaking. Inever did with my othe children either and #2 was BF for 2yrs.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-31-2012 - 6:59pm
No leaking but I can hand express, that didn't happen like this with baby #1. I'm also hoping that bodes well for milk production as I had issues with baby #1 in that department as well. Tell the hubs to get used to it...with any luck at all he'll gave to give up his playthings for at least a year after baby comes anyway. Teach him to appreciate the rest of you! (snicker, snicker :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 10:56am

LMAO- Tell Dh the breast milk isn't acid...it washes off. And with some good (big huge boobs) comes some bad (they will leak the whole time you BF if stimulated).

I leaked a ton with my first two- like before I was even 2 months pregnant I was soaking my shirts. With my 3rd I was sitting at the dinner table one night with no bra about 7 months and all of a sudden the whole thing was wet. With the boys (last two) I leaked but just enough to get some crusty stuff.

That being said I was worried the other night when I went to pump the collostrum for Taylor I wouldn't get anything- but I got a ton for the fact that I was pumping, he was so early, and we had litterally just left the OR. lol

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 10:07pm
I haven't really been leaking much but some crusty stuff and I can express a little collostrum. This didn't happen when I was pregnant with my son so I thought it was because I only weaned him after I found out I was pregnant.
bigbro
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-03-2012 - 1:29pm
I leaked a lot while pregnant w/ Kira, starting around 6 months. I had a pretty good supply for awhile after she was born then started having issues after a couple months (probably from not pumping often enough).
So far this time I've only leaked once from one boob, lol. I'm not worried about it though. They say leaking or not leaking has no bearing on how much milk you will produce after delivery.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 10:43am

I just have the crust in my nipples from the colostrum, this is my 4th and haven't ever leaked before giving birth.

Photobucket