Heart racing

iVillage Member
Heart racing
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 7:46pm

For the 3rd time in 2 weeks I have had the starngest feeling. The forst 2 times I couldn't figure it out. I felt like my insides were shaking. I have checked my sugar everytime and it has been fine. Then I wondered if my morning coffee was affecting me but it has been so random. Today it happened again and I suddenly realized it was my heart that was racing. It probably lasted less than 20 minutes. But I felt so nauseous afterward. Same thing from the other days. Is anyone else expereincing this?

Photobucket
Community Leader
In reply to: boyz0305
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 8:32pm
My heart races at times but not for very long. Twenty minutes is a long time. I'd call your dr just to be on the safe side.

Rose

Community Leader
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 9:29pm
Mine too and I'll feel nauseous or faint

Wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 10:17pm
Same thing has been happening to me. I totally forgot to ask at my last appointment because hadn't happened in a few days but definitely will ask the next time.
 Pregnancy Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 11:40pm
It happened to me too with all 3 pregnancies.I would lay down ( on your back but tilt slightly to the left so your uterus is not on your vena cava) with your feet elevated above your heart, and then bear down like your having a bowl movement. it should slow it down. if you are concerned about it, I would tell your OB - he or she will probably be interested in how fast the rate was so you should count how many beats per minute while it's happening with a stop watch or a second hand. I am not too concerned about it myself because I already went through going to the cardiologist with my last 2 pregnancies, and I was told it will get better after delivery each time ( after much time and money was spent). Your blood volume has increased by 50% at this point, so I think your heart is just working harder to pump it all. If it is concerning to you, tell your doctor. Try the laying down/ feet up/ bear down thing next time it happens. HTH
spring sig 3