Movement?

iVillage Member
Movement?
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 9:41pm

Just curious how often everyone is feeling their babies and whether it's getting to be more often as you get further along? I feel the baby move and kick alot in the evening, especially when I'm going to bed but they seem less active during the day. Tons of people tell me it's because theyre basically being lulled to sleep by my movements through the day. Not sure how they can sleep when I deal with loud, crazy kids all day but who knows? Anyway, just hoping this is normal. My husband is getting frustrated as anytime he decides he wants to feel the baby, he/she wont move around. So far only my mom has felt them other than me!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

iVillage Member
In reply to: mrseaston
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 10:19pm
That's exactly what I feel. I feel very little during the day and I am willing to bet money that my students are louder than yours. The baby does the freaking cha cha in my belly at night. The child even flipped over today, going from kicking the top of my belly back to kicking my bladder. I don't know which is worse, feet jabbing or a head pressing down. I think that the head is worse. I was feeling like I had to pee all the time, even if I had just gone.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 1:13am

My girl moves all day with her most active time being in the late afternoon to evening. She doesn't seem to be especially active at night. I am up anywhere from hour and half to three hours with morning sickness everynight and, aside from

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 5:48am
My boy is active in the evening and in the morning, and sometimes in between too... I can do kick counts already (26 weeks).

My husband has felt him for sure now, and my daughter has seen him moving :)

You will be shocked--newborns continue to sleep through everything. Loud, noisy atmospheres seem to put them to sleep. Anything they are used to hearing now won't wake them up when they're out, at least for the first few months.
Photobucket

http://reconciledtogod.blogspot.com/
Community Leader
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 7:44am
All day long for me... Someone is pushing on my cervix... my belly button, my sides, lungs and my ribs.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 10:41am
My girl seems to be most active from abou 9-11am and then again when I'm going to bed. And it seems I always have to get up to pee around 3 am and when I come back to bed she's really active then. I rarely feel her during the day when I'm active or if I'm just standing up. I have to be sitting down or lying on my side. My DH was the same as yours.... But, just 1 week he finally got to feel her. :) It always seemed like if I'd tell him she was moving and to try to feel then she would immediately stop moving. You just have to be patient. And before long I'm sure he'll feel your little one.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 11:46am
Mine also seems more active later. Usually I feel him after my students have gone home around 3:30ish, then around just after dinner (especially if I've had ice cream), and when I lay down for bed usually around 11. Dh felt him once last week for the first time. We usually spoon and cuddle every night and many nights watching tv I've had his hand on my belly and I'm like cant you feel that? I finally tried to tell him not to be feeling for a jab so much but muscle spasms and weird movement as my belly doesn't move on it's own. The light bulb went on for him. Then again on Thursday night, I was spooning dh, with my belly pressed up against his back, and this little guy was unusually active, I think he was leading a Zumba class for all of his imaginary friends, and dh could feel that. He felt may 1/4 of what I was feeling but I'll take it. A trick that we learned in our birthing class, breathing deep breaths and flooding the uterus with oxygen, gets them moving almost on command ;)
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 12:47pm

I find I feel this baby more strongly when reclining on our couch or laying on my side in bed. As I'm sitting here typing on my computer I can feel them moving and such. I think now that I know they are moving, my crazy new mother side is kicking in, thinking theyre not moving ENOUGH or I'm not feeling it hard enough or something. Ive noticed that deep breathing really gets them moving more than trying to poke or prod them into moving around. I definitely feel most movements that feel like kicks low down on my belly so guessing baby has moved back around (was head down for a long time) and is now back in breech position.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 3:52pm

I've noticed the same thing- lots of movement when I lie down in the evening, but I don't notice much movement during the day. I'm glad I'm not the only one! At night, she is kicking up a storm (and mainly just on my right side). I also feel her move around a bit after I eat.