Naps

iVillage Member
Naps
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 2:18pm

How many naps does your JB take each day?  How long do they last?

I feel like I am forcing Mari into DD1's schedule so I don't think she is sleeping right during the day.  She sleeps in short bursts throughout the morning, typically while shuttling to whatever location we are going to for play time that day.  So she will sleep in the car on the way there, spend most of her time fussy or eating while DD1 is playing, then sleep on the way back home.  Then some days Mari will take a super long nap while DD1 is napping (such as today which is why I am able to write this) and other days she takes what I would consider a normal nap for her age and wake to eat and play on the typical 3 hour schedule.

Does your JB stick to a good schedule or is every day a little different?

Side note is I am not worried about her total sleep since she sleeps through the night but I'm curious about the variations in the daily routine.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
In reply to: cj_mom2b
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 9:31pm
My JB's schedule varies day by day. He tends to sleep a little between each 3-4 hour feed. Sometimes it's 30-45 mins, sometimes it's from the end of one nursing session to the next. Sometimes they a right after eating, sometimes after playing. Today he had 3 30 min naps. A couple of times last week, it seemed like he was only awake during diaper changes. I figure those are his growing days. He sleeps better on the days that he sleeps more and is going between 4 hours and 8 hours (once) waking up once or twice a night.
iVillage Member
In reply to: cj_mom2b
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 8:47pm
My little girl is very similar and I've been wondering too. We spend most mornings doing stuff because my son and I like to get out of the house. So she'll sleep in the car and sometimes a little bit while we're there like the first little bit or later if I'm wearing her. Then we'll come home and she'll eat then sleep for a little bit wake up and play then fuss while I'm trying to get my son to go down for a nap. Then eat and go to sleep. Normally this nap will last a couple hours. She'll cat nap in the evening and then wake up for a while then sleep through the night.
bigbro