Nausea.....still?!

iVillage Member
Nausea.....still?!
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 9:01pm

Lately I have been feeling great....until today! Out of nowhere baby decided he didn't like my breakfast or lunch......and he doesn't seem to be enjoying dinner to well either!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-07-2012 - 9:28pm

I'm still feeling naueous throughout the day.

~~ Heather ~~
~~ Emma Michelle 7/27/03 ~~
~~ Brendan Frederick 9/29/05 ~~
~~ Jocelyn Martha 6/5/12 ~~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Community Leader
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 8:49am
I don't have nausea ( knock on wood) for now..but I know that it's totally normal to have it throughout the pregnancy. Some mamas never get a break and have it for 9 months. I had it on and off with my daughter. It's hormones, motion sickness, bp, etc Let your dr know. Hugs

Wendy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 3:10pm
I'm nearly 3 weeks ahead of you and I still throw up at least three times a week, two of which usually occur in the same say. Severe nausea is still a daily routine for me.

I got a brief repreive in the last month where I was able to sleep through the night, aside from the requisite 2-3 pee trips, without waking up and spending an hour or so awake sitting next to the toilet waiting to see of I'l throw up. That seems to have passed because I have been awake from 4-5:30am every morning waiting to see when or if I'll throw up.

The only thing that has given me comfort is a comment a former coworker made to me after her pukey pregnancy. She told me, "The day after you give birth you're going to feel like a million bucks. It will be the first day in the better part of a year that throwing up won't factor into your day." After finding out this will be my first baby she goes on to add, "You're going to walk right into mothhood. Other mom's are shell shocked by the sudden and prolonged sleep deprivation, but you will have been dealing with it for almost a year WHILE being nauseated. You already know what it's like to be sitting up with her at night when the only thing you'd rather do is sleep. Just having the nausea and vomiting no longer be a part of your day makes the sleep deprivation and everything else so much easier to handle." Her words are really what have helped keep me sane.

I know this will be your second, but this could just as easily be applied to the transition from one to two kids. Hearing, "Still?" or "It will end eventually!" is almost insulting when you're can't manage to change out of your bathrobe.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-08-2012 - 8:58pm
My SO's SIL had m/s for all 9 months. She threw up every single day. I hope that yours clears up!
 BabyFruit Ticker