Should I be concerned?

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-18-2009
Should I be concerned?
16
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 8:42am

My kids came as follows, 38wks 4 days, 37wks 4days and my Ob expects this one to arrive at 36wks.

Pages

Community Leader
Registered: 11-01-2011
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 9:57am
I would be concerned too. 35 weeks is too close and i would say no to my dh traveling at that point if there is nobody else to be able to depend on that can drive

Wendy

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-20-2005
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 10:19am

I would be concerned too. wow

LA - like Louisana?

or like LA?

Big move either way.

Any chance he can go earlier?

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-18-2009
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 10:29am
LA as in Los Angeles.
iVillage Member
Registered: 01-20-2005
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 10:49am

Wow- thats a big move!!!!

Awesome though. I sort of love LA. I used to live about 90 minutes out of the city up in the Mojave. Loved it.

iVillage Member
Registered: 12-05-2011
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 11:57am

Wow, I would be hugely stressed about that!

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-30-2008
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 3:21pm
It seems risky to me. Would any of your friends agree to meet you at your house then drive you to the hospital? It's a longer amount of time but would keep you from driving while in labor. Also how would your husband feel if he missed the birth?
bigbro
Community Leader
Registered: 07-23-2004
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 4:48pm
I'd be concerned. You really need someone nearby who can take you to the hospital, and if you have the baby while your dh is gone, how would he feel? Is there any way that he can travel a week earlier?

On another note, I'm jealous. lol. My kids never want to come out of me. My last was born at exactly 42 weeks.

Rose

iVillage Member
Registered: 02-18-2009
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 6:36pm
Unfortunately, if he travels any other week he has to burn leave, use our TLE to pay for hotels and we have to foot the bill for airfare. If he doesn't go then we will arrive in LA with 3 kids, 2 dogs and live out of a hotel until we find a place, oh and I have to register my oldest for school that starts in August so I need an addy. We will not recieve our household goods until after we have an address and then we have to wait, possibly for months to get it delivered from storage, but if we already have an addy then we can have it immediately delivered and we will only be without for a few days. It sucks, they pack our house on my actual due date and we had to fight for them to come that late, and I am having a c-section because I had a T incision with my last so I do not want to be without while recovering, it's bad enough I have to drive. DH is going to see if the OOD from his unit will be my emergency contact if I go into labor while he is gone, which puts me a little more at ease because I can have a friend meet us at the hosp to watch the kids. Now I am getting really nervous, depending how things go at the appt I right before the trip he can cancel if needed. Oh and if he misses it oh well, BTDT.
iVillage Member
Registered: 02-18-2009
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 6:40pm
alreadyblessed -- don't be jealous, both of mine were jaundice and had to be under the bililights with extended stays. DD2 had to have home health come out with a bili blanke for a wk and she had some lung issues. Really puts a damper on the excitement because you are worried. I would love to make it to 40 wks.
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 8:51pm
It sounds like you don't have much choice. He has to go and find your family a place to live. I think you can come up with a worst case scenario solution, although it may be fine, and he may make It back before you deliver. Just a couple of ideas: What about arranging for a taxi to take you and the kids to your friends house? What about hiring a babysitter until your dh returns (I am assuming he would come home as fast as possible were you to go into labor)? What about having a friend (who drives) stay with you while he's gone? I think it is more than reasonable to be concerned, and you are not over thinking this. Have a plan in place and you will be more at ease. The stress of having to move and the baby is enough to deal with. How much could a taxi possibly cost? $100? Worth it. Weigh that cost vs. the cost of your dh having to go at a time where you would have to dig into your own pockets to pay for him to go. Anyhow hth
spring sig 3

Pages