Teething symptoms already!?!?!

iVillage Member
Teething symptoms already!?!?!
Sun, 09-09-2012 - 9:23pm

Sebastian is showing signs of growing teeth. He's chewing his hands and anything else that comes near his mouth, drooling a lot and now having green ebf poop. I really, really hope that the teeth stay in! Can we say ouch!!!

Anyone else's JB showing signs of teething?

BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-28-2012 - 2:28pm
My JB has been chewing her fingers quite a bit too but no signs of any teeth yet.
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-23-2012 - 12:32am
Yep! We're having tons of chewing and green poop too. I'm really hoping that his teeth take forever to erupt because I'm not looking forward to him chewing on my boobs.
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-22-2012 - 10:21pm

Aly has been for the past few weeks - chewing on her hands, insane drool, chewing on me while I BF, even pulls my hands to her mouth to chew...Public health nurse said it's quite common because their teeth move up and down quite a bit before they actually erupt. I've been using a wet washcloth to rub her gums lightly each day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 1:56pm
Marissa isn't showing any signs yet but I wanted to mention my past experience. I could have sworn that DD1 was teething when she was around 6 months old - her first tooth didn't come in until close to 10 months! Teething signs are unfortunately very varied from one child to the next and are also often just normal baby developments - eating hands could just mean that they have found their hands.
It is not unheard of for babies to get teeth at 3 months old but don't be too shocked if nothing shows up for a few more months :smileyhappy:

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 11:50am

OMG!!!! i just logged on to start this exact same convo! Tyson just started screaming non stop! Nothing we do seems to work, and I'm not even sure if it's teething we're dealing with yet. Are they too young for teeth?

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 1:11pm

This FTM was just going to ask some questions about this....

My little girl has been drooling up a storm and constantly chewing on her arms and hands for a couple of weeks now. She started this at just 8 weeks old. I didn't know that green poo was a sign - she's had this as well.

How long before the teeth start to come through?

Thanks for the help! April

BabyFruit Ticker
Community Leader
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 8:13pm

I think mine are...

Drool, crankiness, crying, biting their fists, runny nose, change in poo (more often, runnier), no fever.

I'm now wondering if what I thought was a cold.. is just teething. 

Wendy

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 8:02pm
Blake is too and has been for about a month now. I said something to the pedi at his last appointment and she told me he is definately starting to teeth.
 Pregnancy Ticker