TMI- gobs of mucous

iVillage Member
TMI- gobs of mucous
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 10:31pm

So I am 28 weeks pg and tonight when I went potty I noticed huge gobs of mucous. It was clear, but thick. I know mucous production increases when pg, but I wondered if this was part of my plug. I have been feeling off the past few days. I have had an increasing amount of Braxton Hicks ctx and yesterday had to sit down while we were in the mall b/c they were hruting. My belly has been sore (more across the top) like it is bruised. I was just wondering of anyone else is experiencing this? I know it can be normal to lose some of your plug this early. I have an appt next Friday with an u/s to check on the feller. I think I must just be feeling paranoid but I can't shake this feeling that he will come a little early. Both of my boys had to be induced so I have no history of early labor. Just wondering where everyone else is at.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 10:43pm
That was one of the things my MFM dr mentioned to me...that if I noticed mucous...not just discharge..but a mucous, with contractions, to call. Did you call? I have increased discharge, but it's not mucous.

Wendy

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 12:26am
I would also call. I was told to call if the Braxton hicks were painful or I GD cramps that felt like menstral cramps. They actually had me come in because I was having regular Braxton hicks that didn't go away with drinking two large glasses of water and lying on my left side for a bit. The little guy was irritating my cervix by kicking it so they are just watching but I was told that regular and or painful contractions need to be monitored. Call and see if they think you should wait until Friday or not. The doctor also reminded me to not worry about calling and "bugging" them, it's their job. They are trained and paid to do it.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 8:55am
Clear thick mucus could also appear after intercourse. However, being that you're having painful BH contractions, you should call your care provider. Could be that the baby is ready to join its brothers early : )

Perfection is optional

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-23-2012 - 1:19pm
I swear once I hit the 28 week mark (I'm just about 31 weeks now) the discharge went through the roof. It was sunstantial enough that I was wiping away the excess from my underwear. Now I've just switched to wearing pantyliners.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-26-2012 - 9:22am

Thanks girls. I did not call the office b/c the contractions had settled down. I just tried to take it easy and drink lots of water. I was suppose to take my oldest on a hike for cubscouts, but I put that on hold until after my appt on Friday b/c I didn't want to exert myself. The mucous has not reappeared or continued so I take that as a good sign as well. I think "oops" is a-okay for now, but I look forward to checking in on him on Friday.

Photobucket