Too scared to make the call.

iVillage Member
Too scared to make the call.
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 9:43am

Maybe a better word would be apprehensive. Going by my LMP I am 4w5d pg. I assume I am more like 4w3d. I am sitting here staring at 3 names on a piece of paper knowing I should make that phone call to schedule a first appointment. I don't know what my problem is, but it is giving me such anxiety. This is my 10th pregnancy. I have 2 healthy boys, but the rest have been losses. I tried calling one office a few days ago and they said they could get me in at the end of October, but I left a message with the nurse asking if I could get bloodwork prior to then, b/c of my history. I also had an ectopic that failed to respond to methotrexate treatment and I ended up rupturing and bleeding out for a couple of days (lost my right tube). I know I want to find out if this pregnancy is going OK, but at the same time it seems like everytime I have called an OB in the past and scheduled an appointment or went in for bloodwork, the pregnancy ended. Is ignorance truely bliss? I just don't know.

I am also concerned about symptoms or the lack there of. My stomach is always queasy, but my boobs are not sore, my aereolas don't seem to have darkened that much and I do not feel any more tired than usual. I had a lot of cramping last night, but it wasn't the tearing/burning sensation I have had in the past when I have miscarried. I wish I could just relax and enjoy this.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 4:09pm

Breathe honey! Just call your doctor and ask about the bloodwork for your peace of mind. I'm sure that after 8 losses they will oblige. As for the symptoms...I went all the way through my first pregnancy (and this one so far) with no appreciable change in my breasts other than the fact that they made milk eventually and I had NO queasiness or morning sickness of any sort. Everybody has different symptoms but the most important one is that you got that second line and not AF...and you've got that now, right?

I know it's hard but the rest is beyond your control anyway. Stressing out about it isn't good for you or baby right now. Take a bubble bath and try to think happy thoughts!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 2:18pm

I also have been through an Ectopic Pregnancy. I luckily did not lose my tube, but trying still scares me. I'm worried that it will happen again and we may not catch it in time.

Photobucket