Water logged kidney and maybe appedicitis... feeling kind of scared

iVillage Member
Water logged kidney and maybe appedicitis... feeling kind of scared
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 2:38pm

Over this past weekend my right side started to hurt. By Sunday afternoon, the pain was so strong and constant that I had to take 1000mg Tylenol and even then the pain didn't go away completely. I took a bath Sunday evening and by time I went to bed it was hardly noticeable. In the middle of the night I woke feeling kind of restless so I climbed out of bed thinking I had to go to the bathroom. I stood there for a minute and I didn't have to pee so I tried to get back into bed and the pain came back with vengence. I couldn't bare weight on my right leg without feeling like something was going to explode out of my stomach. I managed to manuever myself onto the bed and spent the next two hours laying there wide awake trying to decide what to do about it. I ended up dozing off so when I woke up I decided I should call my midwife and let them know what had happened. I call them and they tell me to go to my primary care dr to have them screen me for appendicitis. The pain was less than it was in the middle of the night, but still significant enough to cause me to limp and hold my side when I walked. Well I get to the dr and she's still really concerned about appendicitis so she sends me to the hospital for an emergency u/s of my appendix, right ovary and kidney to rule out an ovarian cyst or kidney stones. The u/s

iVillage Member
My butt would be in the ER right now. I am sorry you are going through this and I will send some P&PT your way but if I were you I would be nagging any Dr that will listen.
Community Leader

wow...

Wendy

Community Leader
I agree with the others. Live at the drs ofc or er until your pain goes away or they solve the problem. Good luck. I hope you're feeling better fast!

Rose

iVillage Member
I would totally be in the ER for that! I wouldn't leave without a definitive answer. They don't play around with pregnant women at most ERs by me, so there would be answers forthcoming if only because they would be terrified of being sued if something happened after they sent me home. They kept me for about 8 hours or more when I had bronchitis, just to make sure that the albuterol had kicked in. Get yourself a second opinion if you're still scared
 BabyFruit Ticker
iVillage Member

Thanks for your replies and well wishes everyone. I ended up going

iVillage Member
Wow, that all sounds very scarey and like quite the ordeal you are going through. You may want to follow all of this up with a call to your ob's office so they know everything that has happened. Not sure when your next appt is but they may want to see you sooner to keep you monitored more closely.
I hope the pain stays away. Drink lots of water and get off your feet (supposed to help) and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Cynthia

iVillage Member

I am sorry you had to go through all of this. I will keep you in my prayers.

~Lori

Pregnancy%20ticker