Hospital tour today!

iVillage Member
Hospital tour today!
Sun, 04-15-2012 - 9:57pm

I went on my last labor and delivery tour today. I was the only second-timer there! The hospital is small, which I like, and the nurses were all friendly. The lady giving the tour was a bit odd though...at one point she made what appeared to be a racist remark. I looked over at my husband and he had heard it too. Very strange! I am consistently amazed at what is okay to say up north that you would NEVER say aloud down south!

Anyway, crazy nurse lady aside, there were other positives. They do all the testing/baby bathing in the room. I love that! And the circumcisions are done with anesthesia, not just sugar water. A big plus is that the whole ward is private birthing suites and once you are in full labor you are your nurse's only patient.

I'm really looking forward to having my baby here! Maybe only 5 weeks to go!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 3:21am

Congrats on a wonderful hospital tour!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 11:22am
Sounds like a great birthing place...love that it's all done right there and happy that they use proper anesthetic

Wendy

Community Leader
Mon, 04-16-2012 - 7:50pm
Being happy with your birth place is so important. It's great that your baby stays in the room with you. Being the only patient the nurse keeps an eye on is wonderful! I can't believe you'll be full term already in five weeks. Whoa! I just realized I'll be full term in five weeks too. Where has the time gone? Lol.

Rose