Any Food Cravings Yet?

iVillage Member
Any Food Cravings Yet?
Sun, 11-11-2012 - 10:32pm

Are you craving any specific foods at this point in pregnancy?  Anything that you have a total aversion to at all? 

BTDT mamas- what did you crave in your previous pregnancies?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 10:27am

This is my third time around and as usual I crave fried foods more than ever.   Anything that is fried I will want.  Even good veggies like brussel sprouts and string beans just put some bread crumbs and put in the olive oil in the frying pan and fry those puppies up.   I also love potato chips dipped in anything that makes no sense like mustard, ice cream and anything chocolate.  Bring on the pounds for now cos afterwards its no to all the above.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 10:01pm
Sweets, and the occasional sour thing. I am subjected to eat whatever sounds best, and as soon as it sounds good because it could be five minutes later that I don't want to touch it. Aversions vary, but I can't stand to touch raw meat, and I prefer to avoid beef if possible, and pork. Chicken is fine, so long as I don't have to handle the raw meat. Previous pregnancies, I craved ice and meats. I don't remember any particular aversions. My third born, I also badly craved alcohol.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 6:22pm

I never had cravings in my first pregnancy but this time I'm leaning more towards hamburgers which is odd for me as I almost always eat chicken and fish. They are not strong "cravings" per sey but subtle little cravings every now and then. 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 12:01am

Funny enough, I was eating some mexican food at home a few weeks ago and for some reason wanted to eat plain sour cream lol. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-19-2012 - 9:46pm
I crave Auntie Anne's soft pretzels & cheese sauce! Lol. It's the only thing that I can consistently eat and not feel sick. My food aversions are many and vary from day today. Things I can eat one day make me totally sick the next. I'm having trouble with cooked veggies for some reason :-/