Gender Reveal Party Anyone?

iVillage Member
Gender Reveal Party Anyone?
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 8:18am

Forget finding out the sex of your baby from the ultrasound tech or in the delivery room. Today, parents-to-be are opting for a truly sweet way of discovering whether they're having a boy or girl -- a gender-revealing baby cake!

That's right, many expectant moms and dads are now learning their baby's sex from the local baker. Here's how it works: The doctor keeps quiet about the baby's gender, writes down the top-secret info on a piece of paper and places it in a sealed envelope. Parents-to-be then deliver the envelope to a baker, who creates a cake that gives nothing away on the outside, but once you cut into it -- oh, the suspense! -- a shock of blue or pink filling appears.

http://www.ivillage.com/trend-alert-baby-gender-reveal-parties/6-a-354395

Anyone planning to find out the sex of their baby with a cake... or a fun gender reveal party?  What are your plans?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-04-2013 - 9:02am

shirin8 wrote:
<p>That's adorable! I love your cupcake idea.  I'm torn on whether we just find out at the appt or if we have a cake made (to enjoy as an immediate family). </p>

Oh, that would be fun!  Cutting into the cake with just your immediate family is a great idea. Let us know what you decide to do!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 10:30am

That's adorable! I love your cupcake idea.  I'm torn on whether we just find out at the appt or if we have a cake made (to enjoy as an immediate family). 

Photobucket,

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-07-2012 - 5:00pm

we're planning to do one! just a very small one with our immediate family and a few close friends. we're going to have the baker do cupcakes though, with only one of the cupcakes haveing a colored center so it's like a lottery. who ever get's the colored center gets to announce the sex! :-)