Have You Announced Your Pregnancy Yet?

iVillage Member
Have You Announced Your Pregnancy Yet?
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 8:54am

Have you made the big announcement? If so, how did you do it? If not, when and how do you plan to share the news?

Need a few creative ideas?

Costumes, Icing, Weding Vows! See the Wacky Ways These Parents Announced Their Pregnancy- http://www.ivillage.com/how-i-announced-my-pregnan​cy-1/6-b-291630?nlcid=pb%7C11-08-2010%7C?ice=iv:m...

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 1:02pm

We live over 2,000 miles from our families and are going home for Christmas. We'll tell our families then. We made a Christmas themed shirt for DD that says "I'm going to be a BIG SISTER" and we'll have her wear it and see everyone's reaction. I CANNOT WAIT. I'll be 14 weeks when everyone finally finds out. 

I've attached a picture of the shirt :) 

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 10:53pm
I have told only a select few people, we are waiting for our 7 week ultrasound to make sure there is a heartbeat before we do. I found a lot of cute announcements on pinterest. I love the one were the dad is holding a sign that says were pregnant and the mom is "pretend" puking in the toilet, however we plan on making small signs for our 4yo dd and taking pictures of her holding each one, and making it into a photo booth style picture with them lined up vertically. the signs will say something like "Guess What" .... "I know a secret" ..... "Im gonna be a BIG SISTER" ..... "Due Date" And I am hoping to catch her reaction to the news while taking the pics of the sign.
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-21-2012 - 10:12pm
I wrote a reply (and not that I am the least bit surprised) but it isnt even here!! These changes are making me batty!! I sometimes wonder what IV is thinking! Anywho- We wil announce THIS FRIDAY!! Cant wait!! :-) We will be in disneyland and are gong to take a family picture and caption it and post to FB! :-) I am sooo excited!!