Ivillage grips

iVillage Member
Ivillage grips
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 7:51am

I've been active on Ivillage before, and I never had any of the issues that I'm having now.  Just wondering if people are having the same problems I am:

1.  Signature, cannot add any tickers at all, even if the number of characters is <255.  This is so very irritating to not be able to personalize!

2.  No notifications of activity on the boards even for posts that I've subscribed too.

3.  Sometimes when I click on a post I get the message 502 Bad Gateway.

4.  Sometimes I can see replies to messages and sometimes I can't.  

Really irritating at a time when I'm irritated enough because I'm pregnant and my horomones are all over the place!

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 8:10am

rmpar29 wrote:
<p>I've been active on Ivillage before, and I never had any of the issues that I'm having now.  Just wondering if people are having the same problems I am:</p><p>1.  Signature, cannot add any tickers at all, even if the number of characters is &lt;255.  This is so very irritating to not be able to personalize!</p><p>2.  No notifications of activity on the boards even for posts that I've subscribed too.</p><p>3.  Sometimes when I click on a post I get the message 502 Bad Gateway.</p><p>4.  Sometimes I can see replies to messages and sometimes I can't.  </p><p>Really irritating at a time when I'm irritated enough because I'm pregnant and my horomones are all over the place!</p>

Hi Robin,

I'm sorry you are so frustrated. As you've noticed, we've been experiencing a few bugs since our new in-house message boards launched.  All of the things you've mentioned are on the to-be fixed list.  However, our tech team has been delayed a bit due to hurricane Sandy.  The iVillage offices are located in NYC and last I heard, they were still without power.  Those who are able to work from home have spotty Internet at best.  Please hang in there with us while we work out the kinks!  Once things are up and running again, the tech team will be hard at work getting everything sorted out. 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 8:29am

Thanks for your response Kristy!  At least they are aware of the issues and I cannot imagine how hard it must be for the folks in NYC.  I will be patient!  Wink

Robin

Mom to 2-year old twin boys, Dawson & Devin

TTC #3

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-03-2012 - 7:42pm
Contact Christy. I can't see replies at all, and I can only use quick reply. It may take a bit thanks to Sandy though, so try to be patient.

Carrie-Lynn
3 Boys + 2 Angels

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 10:40am

Yes everyone needs to be patinet afterall no one thought Sandy a hurricane would be so bad for New York.  Most hurricanes go out to sea this time of year but it was a terrible storm that left so many people without power and heat.  I hope my the end of this month all power is restored and no more storms come to these areas.  I live in Pennsylvania and could not believe the destruction in my neighborhood but it does not compete with New Jersey and New York.  God bless everyone.